Talking about spooky store scores and online oddity offerings.
By S.A.M
My local Wilko had a table set up with a few of the Halloween items, the ground breaker doesn't look too good in person, I did buy the terracotta pumpkin and I quite like it, a simple grinning jack but it's quite effective as fake pumpkins go :D

I've got it lit up on my shelf using a Yankee Candle scented tea-light (witches brew). It'd be very easy to paint up in a more pumpkin colour which I think I'll do or you could just stick it outside in the garden to age for a more rustic look I suppose.

Picked up some cheapo window gels from Poundworld too, tat-tastic!

By j9mcl
monstermash wrote:It was the TKMaxx in Falkirk, there were two different Gargoyles one was about 16" and the other was slightly shorter. My mum said she couldn't pick it up with one hand so reasonably heavy and she thought maybe they were made out of a plaster type of material due to the weight. I thought she said they were £35 they were actually about £26-ish. Here is a pic of the other gargoyle:

Oooh that's my local TK Maxx as well - a Falkirk Bairn here!! :D
By monstermash
j9mcl wrote:

It'll be us two fighting for the last halloween scented candle then! :lol: Have you been recently? I wondered if they had any more decs out yet or if that's our lot for this year. Is there still a Wilko's in the Howgate? They might be worth a look.
By matspud
Wolkos is still showing up on google maps MM. Considering a trip to Falkirk to pop in on a friend. :D so though I would find out where everything is. Maybe pop in to Lets Party in Stirling and see what they have.
By monstermash
Make the most of the journey then Matspud and have a look in the TKMaxx as well if you've time, its easy enough to pop in to seeing as it's in a retail park. Ive got my spies out again today so I'll soon see what Wilkos has to offer. I clean forgot about Lets Party, they sometimes have a few ok looking skulls and the like.
Still no sign of anything in the Supermarkets?
By monstermash
The Falkirk TKMaxx had more stuff in, some nice skulls, some skull candlesticks, those witches hats you saw Matspud, and a few other bits. I'll update this post with a pic when I get them downloaded. Wilko's was disappointing. They had that groundbreaker SAM mentioned (looked pretty rubbish) and one of those old man butler props that Asda used to stock. Other than that, just sweets.
By matspud
TKMaxx - Dundee still mainly waterglobes but now a couple of candles and some skulls as well.
TKMaxx - Perth better selection ( water globes, skull, candlesticks, boxes made to look like books, felt ToT bags) but nothing I really want ( I am getting better at NOT buying stuff just for the sake of it - I drove Matthew mad yesterday by picking things up , holding on to them for a while and then deciding that I didn't want them )
Still nothing in ASDA :-(
By monstermash
matspud wrote: I am getting better at NOT buying stuff just for the sake of it
I think i'm still a victim of that, it's like panic buying. I find myself getting things that I know I wouldn't if we had the selection the US minions have. I try to look at the decs and think can I make that? and If I think I can I wont buy it even if I know It'll take me ages to get round to making it.
I'm more likely to but things that aren't necessarily halloween related but I can see might turn into something halloweeny. For example I got three biggish tubes of sherbet because they looked like either test tubes or old Edison bulbs. I turned them into the latter for a little old scientific instrument prop. I just coiled some wire inside and popped a few LED's at the bottom and they sort of look like bulbs. Sort of.
By nosferatu
Like the rest of you, I've had enough of the tat. I now only buy things that I deem "quality"

I can't seem to post photos for some reason so here are the links for recent buys? Had I done Hottie's swap box thingie I would have included these as I hadn't used them until today. I found this Skelton cup in the Natural History Museum in London

http://www.nhmshop.co.uk/skull-cup.html

And I bought the skeleton apron because I am a huge fan of Great British Bake Off.

http://www.nhmshop.co.uk/skeleton-apron.html.

I bought four of these spoons from Suck Uk. I love looking at them.

http://www.suck.uk.com/products/sugar-skull-spoon/

Apart from that I haven't seen much.
By monstermash
Why didn't I think of the Natural History Museum?!!! I'm an idiot.
This is why I need you on the boards Nos! :lol:

And its funny you should see those spoons, I saw a very similar thing while looking on Pinterest and fancied trying to make my own.
By paddy_babe
I went into Hobbycraft over the weekend and I snapped a few pics of what was out (not the greatest of pics, the woman stacking the shelves was giving me some really strange looks and it was the 4th time I came back to the Halloween aisle (so it wasn't crowded), I hope she didn't think I was a shoplifter or something :lol: )

the DIY kits

stickers and the paint your own pumpkin/skull

lots of crepe and tissue paper, card and pipe cleaners. They also had a mixed bag with googly eyes etc so maybe good for minion kids to make monsters etc?

paint your own wooden signs, cobwebs, bunting, signs and fake bugs

face painting and fake blood etc (there was a spray canister of fake blood, that might be fun to play with!)

scene setters etc

Decoupage stuff! New Halloween papers that look really good and assorted masks. What I didn't manage to get a pic of was the big paper mache house, witches hat and pumpkin (said stacking woman was right there so I didn't stand right next to her snapping pics lol)

small fabric bags and witches hats. This bit was a little bare I think more 'costume' stuff to come

They also had lots of felt, foam, and card sheets in assorted 'halloween' colours :) I think I'm disappointed in the range, it seems like they are mostly grabbing purple, orange and black items from other shelves and putting them there, but they were in the process of filling the shelves and judging by the previous years I am hopeful. (The shop I went to is newly opened from a different site so might take a while for them to get into the swing of things). I'm going to go back and get myself some of the Decoupage papers and maybe a paper mache 'kin so will see if anything new
By j9mcl
monstermash wrote:
j9mcl wrote:

It'll be us two fighting for the last halloween scented candle then! :lol: Have you been recently? I wondered if they had any more decs out yet or if that's our lot for this year. Is there still a Wilko's in the Howgate? They might be worth a look.
I went in to TK Maxx the other night and they didn't have a lot left. I bought the Gargoyle and two black skull candlesticks. Just a few globes and hats left.

Wilkinsons is still in the Howgate but haven't been in for a while.

I managed to get a poseable skelton from Costco which looks really good. That was about £22 + VAT.
By matspud
ASDA have their Halloween offerings online now. Not greta but some cute tree ornaments.

BTW TKMaxx have some cool skulls ....... just don't look with the halloween stuff, they are in the decor aisles :-)
By nosferatu
I quite like those Asda tree ornaments. I also like the vintage style telephone