Talking about spooky store scores and online oddity offerings.
By zombombie
Out and about today and found my first Halloween items! I think this might be earliest I've seen Halloween items in stores, and I even bought something :)

John Lewis:

Yankee Candle:

I picked up one of the larger Candy Corn Halloween candles from Yankee Candle, it smells so nice! Here's a 360 view of it:

I can't ever remember seeing these jars in the UK before, at least not here. I'm delighted to have got one of these, and if they hadn't been as expensive I'd have had a couple!

So UK minions, it's on!! It's coming! I'm getting a bit excited! :)=
By monstermash
Better than nothing I suppose. John Lewis at least attempts a few things each year but many are not to my taste and of course most aren't worth the price tag. I'll need to keep my eyes peeled for yankee candle merch although they are a rip off too. I'm not complaining honest! :lol: It is a good start and its nice to see things appearing earlier. Keep on searching Zomb, you've done good so far lad!
By matspud
I have quite a few Yankee candle jars , its a pity we don't get the Boney bunch etc in stores over here. John Lewis has some good sweets and stuff but most of the rest of the stuff they get is too cute .................. but better than nothing.
By S.A.M
Ahh yes the annual disappointment that is the UK Halloween offering :lol: Having said that there are sometimes at least oh, I don't know, a couple of good items each year (in total) from all the various places :D Yankee Candle always have some good quality items if you're into smelly candles and related accessories.

Wilko are advertising their Halloween range as coming soon; http://www.wilko.com/page/halloween" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; it seems to be mostly costumes than decorations.

Although amusingly they do have a ground-breaker that they describe as a garden ornament that's for indoor use only :lol:
http://www.wilko.com/invt/0349495" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Asda usually have at least one 'show stopper' here is a preview of their 2014 range
Animated zombie that moves and makes sounds when activated. It’s kind of an animated skeleton with glowing eyes and it will be very effective if scaring your guests is your intention.
Best bit is that it will only cost £15!
http://halloweenerrific.co.uk/halloween ... ak-preview" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I like the hanging ghosts too but they're easy enough to make yourself.
By monstermash
Poundstrecher were putting out their stuff at the weekend. Nothing special.

Nothing in my local TKMaxx, they thought maybe they would get some bits in next week. I'm not expecting much.
By monstermash
My kind mother went back to TKMaxx today for a look and this is what they had:

So not an awful lot but she did buy me the set of six skull candles and the silver money box, a bag and two tea towels. She's good to me. She did fancy getting the Gargoyle but thought at £35 it was a bit of a rip off.

She also snapped some pics of what Hobby Craft had to offer but I wont post them, a few crafty items(obviously) nothing to write home about.
Hopefully the Supermarkets will follow suit and get their bits on the shelves earlier.
By matspud
MM which TKMaxx - I like the look of that gargoyle but it depends how big and expensive he is! I went back to my local one on wednesday and they just had one waterglobe left and no new stuff at all. :(
By monstermash
It was the TKMaxx in Falkirk, there were two different Gargoyles one was about 16" and the other was slightly shorter. My mum said she couldn't pick it up with one hand so reasonably heavy and she thought maybe they were made out of a plaster type of material due to the weight. I thought she said they were £35 they were actually about £26-ish. Here is a pic of the other gargoyle:
By matspud
A bit smaller than I was hoping for but the small one ( the second picture ) is too cute - he would look great with my dragons. Hmm wonder how long it would take to get to Falkirk :-)

Nipped in to local one again this morning . Better than last time but not much.

By monstermash
I present to you the, erm, wonderful world of B&M. Definitely the shop with the most stock so far though most of it is not my cup of tea.

There was more than shown above but I didn't want to overload the site with my pictures of tat. Most of it was just rubbish but I got a couple of bits that I know I can Halloweenify. I bought this poseable skeleton which had been very crudely turned into a clown. I ripped of the hair as soon as I got home and I plan on getting rid of his clown paint and generally making him look more aged. We had a laugh driving back with this guy waving out the window. He was wearing his seatbelt of course.
By matspud
Some of it looks ok. I like the skeleton. I have been told Home BArgains have their stuff in too. Probably more of the same :-/
By Raven
I'm intrigued by those spider webbed coffins with the skeletons in them. Very cool. :)

Now I want large skeleton to drive around in the car with me!
By monstermash
Yeah I liked the skellly in the coffin but it was just a bit too small and it was one of those all singing and dancing ones so I didn't bother.
Home Bargains do have their stock out. My Ma had a look today but she said it was pretty rubbish and most of it was costume related. I wont post the pics its not worth it.
By matspud
Agree re Home Bargains - not worth the effort. I did , however, have a surprising find........ The Range do a decent range of Halloween goodies. Lots of hanging , flashy, noise making nasties and some cuties. I got some nice bits and pieces including a witch and vampiress a zombie ground breaker, a vicious bat, some ribbon, and a skeleton dog. :-) It is all plastic stuff and I still prefer some of the stuff I have got from TKMaxx but it is a good start. :-)
By paddy_babe
Woolworths is adding more things online, mainly costumes and a couple of scene setters. I did notice a few new costumes, Stay Puff marshmallow man and Gremlins but nothing to get hugely excited over :/ I'll be hopefully going into Hobbycraft today or tomorrow, I'll snap some pics of what they have :)