Talking about spooky store scores and online oddity offerings.
Sigh, us Brits can only hope that one day someone might cotton on here that there is more to halloween merch than two or three masks and some plastic tealights. Some nice stuff there, my imaginary shopping cart is getting pretty full.
Ryan you could always try and make that Sleepy Hollow Sign yourself. I mean its not like you've got loads to keep you busy at this time of year :wink: . Maybe an off season project?
I went there last week (I think it's called Home Sense here) looking for a picture frame and ended up with 2 headless horsemen statues and a skull candle holder. They had like 6 of this one
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:
Here are pictures of the other things I got

Only one of this guy and the pumpkin lights up!

I wanted lots of skull decor this year so this was a must buy.
Oooooh, I love that light up horseman statue! I will be going back next week sometime to see if anything has changed. Last year I kept seeing pictures of a Headless Horseman water globe where the pumpkin lit up but I never did find it in my local store. I'm still very disappointed at that and check Ebay often to see if anyone has decided to part with theirs.
I HATE you all!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: It is so cruel of you to post pics of so many fabulous things that we in the UK can only dream of :cry: Looking at the Home Goods stuff it looks like some of the things that TKMAXX stock in the UK........... just a gazillion times more and m=not the same as last year. I think TTKM in the UK must get the rejected and leftover items ( after they have gone on sale for $1 and item over there so nothing but the crap is left) . Last year the halloween stuff was terrible and it was all the leftover stuff that hadn't been sold the year before.
I wonder if TKMAXX is the same as our TJMAXX, which is pretty much the same as Home Goods but TJ sells more clothing, shoes and purses where Home Goods is more...home goods. Home Goods usually has a lot more in terms of decorations for each holiday as well.
Just started work on my own Sleepy Hollow sign. I'm sure Home Goods wont mind me pinching their idea. Or if they do, they can remedy it by bringing some of the finest stock over the ocean for us. Matspud's right, the TKMaxx leftovers just don't cut it.
As soon as I saw the raven water globe I had to have one. I was standing in line at another store and checked Facebook and saw the picture. I seriously left and went right to Home Goods and low and behold, I found one, or well one similar enough.

I also found the coolest Halloween decoration/prop I've ever seen. He wasn't quite life size but I'm guessing at least 4 ft. or close to it. I want him. Badly. If I do end up buying him he will stay out all year, guarding us from our enemies!