Talking about spooky store scores and online oddity offerings.
I just received and email saying that Halloween merchandise has arrived at Home Goods! Unfortunately I am going out of town and wont be able to check them out till I get home, and even then it might be awhile. I'm excited to see what Halloween themed snow globes they offer this year! :thumbsup:
Last edited by Raven on Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Finally got over to Home Goods today to check out their Halloween stuff.

I liked the black pumpkins that fade to silver.

I also really liked these houses, but they were pretty thin cardboard. The skulls on the pedestals next to them are taper candle holders.

Really wanted this mirror but the frame was chipped in several places. I think I might go back and see what kind of discount I can get on it.

They had a lot of shiny things this year. The black skull lit up inside, they also came in white.

Some cool light up signs.

They had great barware. I think I might get some shakers for every day use. Well, if I drank every day.

I'd really love an entire set of dishes for every day use as well.

Finally, I saw these today at my local Kroger (grocery store). I do remember having them last year as well but I think there are more different shapes to choose from this year.

I'm sure Home Goods will get some more things in. They did have some kid costumes and some pet costumes as well. They were however missing my beloved Halloween water globes.
By pagemaster1993
I have to say I love that Poison Mirror and those light fixtures (The Pumpkin and Boo ones). They remind me of an old carnival or arcade.
I've been to my local HomeGoods 3 times so far, and each time the selection has been a little different. It seems like they put out the merchandise gradually, then it gets bought up by customers, and then the staff puts some more out on the shelves.

It's a pretty scattershot approach, which makes it tricky to find a certain item that you've heard they are selling. For example, last year I really wanted this Headless Horsemen statue, which I saw in other people's photos:

Took me 5 trips to the store, but I eventually found one. And they had ONLY one. HomeGoods seems to only have 1 or 2 or 3 of every item (at least, that's all they put on display simultaneously). And... the other thing is that they don't really group all the same items side by side. They like to make every shelf a little display, with an eclectic mix of items.

I'll give them credit though... by sprinkling out the merchandise little by little, and mixing it all together, it gets you coming back a lot. Every visit to the store is like a hunt to find that special item.

This year I'm on the hunt for another Sleepy Hollow item. I saw this wooden sign in someone else's photo. So far I haven't seen this item at my local store:

Here are some of the photos I took at HomeGoods this year (apologies for those on slow connections!):

Raven, here are some water globes for ya. I like that some of them look like lanterns.

Pagemaster, you're right... those big signs with the light bulbs do look like carnival signs. These sell for about $80. I don't love their appearance, but I like the concept of them. I wonder what they look like lit up at night.

Lots of vintage Halloween style:

Many wooden signs, I like their rustic appearance:

Some large statues and busts. These usually sell for around $25-30.

Many shiny things:

This one is a multiple self portrait:

Items for the home and for entertaining:

Some colorful glossy ceramics:

The staff sure knows how to build a display, like a great pyramid of goods:

Of note in this pile are these large fake pumpkins. Pretty cool, but of course you could carve these yourself:

A few more random shots:

I bought two things there so far. This raven sign (a pretty cool consolation prize, if I can't find the version of this box sign that with the Sleepy Hollow art):

And I also bought one of these leather-ish trays. I got the one on top, with the embroidered skull and crossbones. It's sitting on my coffee table right now, holding a few coffee table books.

Ryan, I'm on my way to CT. to go to your Home Goods. I went back to mine today and still not a water globe in sight. I went to T.J.Maxx after that since they usually have similar/same stuff, but no globes there either. :x
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:This image of real pumpkins has been floating around for a while. Funny that it's been made into a version you can buy in stores!

Yepper :wink: , I saw that many times in my pumpkin searches,
Easy enough to do it in real kins. I think that's why I want it in Foam - So it will Last..

Would be hard to to find two Foam Kins, that will go into each other so well (snug), their All Different Shapes...

I do have to be VERY CAREFUL - I'm starting to be Like a Cat-Lady (but with Pumpkin things) - Every time I see a cool Pumpkin - I'm buying it. :lol:
NEED to STOP Myself - We'll After this ONE - LMAO
Jealous! We don't have a homegoods here! :( I did however find the awesome Headless Horseman statue that Ryan posted a pic of on EBAY and it's headed my way right now!
Raven wrote:Finally got over to Home Goods today to check out their Halloween stuff.
I will have to head over there. I see another Anna Lee Halloween Elf I have to pick up.