Talking about spooky store scores and online oddity offerings.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Hallmark stores have their Halloween selection front and center now. Here's a shot of one of the main displays:

Some Snoopy and Scooby:

And some Mickey and Minnie:

I was on the verge of buying one of these ghostly tealight holders. I showed some restraint, but they are pretty cute. The one on the right would be my pick. He looks a bit forlorn, like his green candy bag is still empty:

Some animated and musical creatures. Trick or treat bag, spider, pumpkin:

I see they have the DVD for Monsters vs Aliens: Mutant Pumpkins from Outer Space. That's a great Halloween special. Very much about the magic of Halloween night.

A couple more shots. Gummy candy, ceramics, wearable buttons that make sound:

Of course, Hallmark is all about their Keepsake Ornaments, and they have several ornaments specifically for Halloween. Because Halloween trees are a thing. These were two of my favorites. That colorful skull is called "Sweet Skull" and the ghost in the pumpkin is called "Happy Halloween."

In their more general Christmas selection they have this great Jaws ornament called "Great White Menace." It plays the Jaws theme!

A few other ornaments of note: "Waiting for the Great Pumpkin," "Alien," "Scooby Gets Spooked," and "It's Shoe Time!"

But the real kings and monsters of the 2014 ornaments have to be these next two, which I bought immediately. First, "Frankenstein's Monster." I very much hope this is the first in a series of Universal Monster ornaments.

And next.... let us all hail the Pumpkin King. This ornament is called "This is Halloween" and it even plays that song, while the fountain lights up green.

Both the Frankenstein and Nightmare Before Christmas ornaments could easily pass for table-top figurines. Aside from a small ring for an ornament hook (which you can barely see) these would work just fine on a display shelf. That's what I'm doing with them so far.

By zombombie
I LOVE that the fountain lights up green. That absolutely makes that figurine. And Frankenstein's Monster is a classic!

I like the ghost candle holder that you'd choose too ZP! He looks a bit dopey and I love it! And if I saw those Halloween Snoopy plushies, I'm just not sure I could pass them by :lol: Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:
Haha, sorry sloaner. It's my job to spread the Halloween cheer... or fear.

zombombie, you saw their Alien ornament, right? I thought of you. Wouldn't this beast just look festive on a Christmas tree?

By S.A.M
Oh my word it's fast becoming apparent that I'm going to have to keep out of this forum for my bank accounts sake :lol: I absolutely love the Frankenstein ornament and the Jaws one too, how much do they retail for? And do you fancy being my personal Transatlantic shopper? :D
By paddy_babe
I really wish I lived in American sometimes! That Jack statue is awesome :thumbsup:
By ghostface
LOVE Hallmark's selection of ornaments this year. It seems like they have a lot more Halloween and Horror focused ornaments than they ever have! Hope that continues throughout the years.
By shaft28
Last year in the Hallmark section of the local grocery store they were selling "Pumpkin Talkers" a little device that used a motion activated voice that you could put in any pumpkin. It wasn't super loud but worked it you aimed just right. I got the "scary one" but it wasn't too scary. (Except to my then 3 year old son, freaked him out).
By sloaner
shaft28 wrote:Last year in the Hallmark section of the local grocery store they were selling "Pumpkin Talkers" a little device that used a motion activated voice that you could put in any pumpkin. It wasn't super loud but worked it you aimed just right. I got the "scary one" but it wasn't too scary. (Except to my then 3 year old son, freaked him out).
I just looked those up. I hope they have them in stores this year, I might pick up a few.
By SuperSonic
I haven't seen the DoTD Skull or the "Happy Halloween" ornament in stores yet. Maybe because they come out later? I also wish that I could order the ornaments straight from Hallmarks website! I hate Canada sometimes. I know for a fact that the Alien ornament comes out in October. I'm totally picking one up.
By S.A.M
For any international minions who'd like to buy some of these check out http://www.hookedonhallmark.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I've just received Jaws and Frankenstein and they arrived in 5 days; all the way from Kansas, US to the UK! They also have reasonable shipping charges to Canada.

It's the first time I've used them but I'm happy and would order from them again, the ornaments were well packaged and arrived in perfect condition.
They do state items are priced against supply and demand so watch out for that, previous years offerings might be v. expensive & most of this years ornaments have +$1 on RRP but finding a site that ships these things internationally isn't so easy and compared to eBay they're much cheaper for this years ornaments.