Talking about spooky store scores and online oddity offerings.
By nosferatu
zombombie wrote:24hrs Asda up here, stop selling booze between 10pm and 10am.
that's because you are governed by a different licensing law up there. The only thing that stops it being available 24/7 down here is the Sunday trading hours law. We have a Shell garage up the road that sells more booze than it does Ginsters!
By matspud
nosferatu wrote: We have a Shell garage up the road that sells more booze than it does Ginsters!
WHAT!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: That can't be true :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By nosferatu
As soon as they got the licence they stripped out most of the food and filled it up with wine, thankfully you can still buy Star Bars! The services on the M6 Toll road wants to be the first to be granted an alcohol licence. Just what Britain needs...More Drunk Drivers.

That service station incidentally does sell some Halloween stuff. It's slightly better than Poundland etc but I appreciate their attempt however feeble. Should be " fill your tank up and get this cool, lifesize zombie passenger." My local Tesco and Waitrose has no Halloween items at all as yet but does have Christmas stuff.
By matspud
nosferatu wrote: thankfully you can still buy Star Bars!
You are the 3rd person in 4 days to talk about these ..... and here was I thinking I as the only one with this guilty secret :lol: :lol: :lol:
By monstermash
I'm going to have to google Star Bars now.
Zombombie, I knew you'd know when you can buy booze :wink: :P
I bought a bottle of wine for the man I get pumpkins from at 10am Sunday morning in England, I don't think you can do that here.
No halloween tat at my Tesco yet. I had to buy monkey nuts in the health foods section.
By nosferatu
monstermash wrote:I'm going to have to google Star Bars now
The innocence of youth. :kiss:
By matspud
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Star Bars *drool* Wishing I had bought a box at Costco on Sunday now :-/ I really want one :-)
By nosferatu
matspud wrote:Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Star Bars *drool* Wishing I had bought a box at Costco on Sunday now :-/ I really want one :-)
I'll nip to the garage. :lol:
By nosferatu
I did thanks but ate them both. Just been to my local Tesco who have finally put their pitiful Halloween merchandise. The only thing of note was a mummy that so hung upside down and when a button is pressed, it wriggles about. But it was cheap looking and not worth the £14.50 they wanted. They have pumpkins but they are tiny, even what they term " large" are far too shallow to fit a pattern, even one that has been considerably reduced. Laughable and shameful.
By matspud
Went shopping today and actually FORGOT to get Star Bars - even though I kept saying we needed to get some :? :? :? :? D'OH !
By S.A.M
Has anyone spotted pumpkins in the supermarkets yet? How about getting a UK supermarket price round up?
In the CO-OP "large" were £3 each or 2 for £5 and the small pumpkins were £2 each. I'm hearing conflicting reports of Asda selling them at either £1 or £3, my local Aada hasn't got them in yet which is worrying :?
By daryldixon
My local Asda hasn't either.Morrisons started getting in this week at £2 for their large.Sainsbury had biggest i've seen locally at £3.Good luck in your hunt :thumbsup:
By S.A.M
Asda have them available; 2 for £3 or £2 each, they weren't very big at my local store and most of what they had were in sorry state, managed to find 8 reasonable ones after a lot of rooting around and I'll supplement them with a couple of bigger ones from the local green grocers at £3 each :D I thought there would have been better offerings coinsidering the summer we've had but I feel a little bit relaxed now that I've got some pumpkins even if they are on the small side, I'll have to make the best of what I've got :thumbsup: