Talking about spooky store scores and online oddity offerings.
By Ophelia Immortal
Morrisons have their stuff out now, nothing very exciting in my local one but I'm hoping to get out to a bigger one next week. They did have loads of Halloween themed snacks and sweets though.
By matspud
ASDA was REALLY disappointing - lots of tat not much in the way of good decs. Got a couple of lack glittery "wicker" pumpkins that have lights inside - pity they are white not orange or purple.
By monstermash
I was in Costco and they had naff all. Well they had a missive skull with puny light up eyes and the poseable skeleton that they had last year. A member of staff said they "had more stuff but its gone". What that stuff was I do not know. Their giant christmas decorations were pretty scary.

Now I mention the C word I may aswell tell you all. I did a terrible thing today. I bought four rolls of christmas wrapping paper from Ikea!!! Oh the shame, the horror!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pale: :oops: :pale: :oops:
Ikea did have black unscented candles, if thats your thing.
My sources (my mum :lol: ) tell me that poundlands stuff is dire, more so than years previous. Was going to check Hobby Craft for foamie but thought it would be a waste of time so didn't bother.
By chuckwagon
nosferatu wrote:
Lala wrote:
MooBoo wrote:Poundworld have got their halloween stock out, nothing special but some nice signs and a few props (sorry no pics). A store called discount uk popped up last year, not sure how wide spread they are but they have got some nice goodies too.  :D
Just quoting this as I find a store called "PoundWorld" the funniest thing I have ever heard. I don't know why it amuses me so much.
To double your merriment we also have Poundland. Everything costs £1. It's usually all tat, remainders or rejects.
Same as our Dollar Tree store as it sounds... everything costs a Buck, and it's all garbage! LoL.
By GeordieKin
In Newcastle we also have Poundstretcher -where things are more than a pound. I'll have a look in there next week, but I'm not hopeful of finding anything good.
By nosferatu
I've still got bottles of that left over from last year. The label is great but the taste is rank. In a fit of taste optimism I bought loads of it. I've even given it to people with no taste buds or palette and they never want another.
By pagemaster1993
Funny our Aldi doesn't carry Alcohol.
By NikkiRae
pagemaster1993 wrote:Funny our Aldi doesn't carry Alcohol.
That's because alcohol sales in Pennsylvania aren't privatized. The state controls all of that, hence the Wine & Spirit stores. Although, a few companies are trying to change that. I know that so far in the Pittsburgh area the only grocery stores that can sell alcohol is Giant Eagle.
By pagemaster1993
NikkiRae wrote:
pagemaster1993 wrote:Funny our Aldi doesn't carry Alcohol.
That's because alcohol sales in Pennsylvania aren't privatized. The state controls all of that, hence the Wine & Spirit stores. Although, a few companies are trying to change that. I know that so far in the Pittsburgh area the only grocery stores that can sell alcohol is Giant Eagle.
Ours sells it too, and also I believe our super Sheetz is allowed to too(I'm not too sure, because it was revoked. Also people complained about it too).
By nosferatu
all our supermarkets carry alcohol, big or small. I'm pretty sure if they are open 24 hours, you can buy it for 24 hours. Probably explains a few things......... :cry: