Talking about spooky store scores and online oddity offerings.
By pagemaster1993
The Lost Cereals! Dun! Dun! Dun!

It has been announced that this year General Mills is releasing not only Count Chocula, Franken Berry, and Boo Berry, but also Frute Brute and Fruity Yummy Mummy. Also these cereals will come in retro designed packaging just like when they were on the shelves years ago.

I personally can't wait. I love the main three, but have always been wanting to try the other obscure two.

I almost forgot to say that the retro packaging will only be available at Target. There will also be modern versions available every were else.

Here is the General Mills statment:

http://blog.generalmills.com/2013/08/fr ... mmy-mummy/
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Good man, pagemaster1993, thanks for posting about this. I had been meaning to bring it up for a couple days, but I've been busy prepping the new site so I haven't had a chance.

This is big news indeed! I think many of us grew up on these cereals. We monster kids have a particular fondness for this breakfast treat. The fact that they mostly offer them around Halloween makes them seem like even more of an "event." So this news of ALL FIVE Monster Cereals becoming available hits on all the right chords... monsters, Halloween, nostalgia and sugar!

Fruit Brute (now Frute Brute) was originally available from 1975-1984. I was alive for some of that, but I was too young to remember it. I don't think I ever had the pleasure of snacking on the wolf cereal.

On the other hand, I vividly remember seeing commercials for Yummy Mummy when I was younger. That one was available from 1987-1993. I was excited that a new Monster Cereal was available! I probably had some, but can't remember for sure.

I've enjoyed far more Count Chocula, Franken Berry, and Boo Berry, of course. It's a Halloween season tradition for me to have some of each flavor. And now with Frute Brute (cherry flavor) and Fruity Yummy Mummy (orange cream flavor) back in the mix, I'm going to have to go through 5 boxes this season!

Wait... make that 10 boxes! I'm absolutely going to Target to get the retro design boxes too! You never know when/if they'll all be available again.

By Mayor of Haddonfield
I love when these come out each year and can't wait to get the additional two as well.
By SuperSonic
I want some. Some one mind shipping me a box of Boo and Franken berry?
By sloaner
I will be getting the 2 new ones but should I buy all 5 in the vintage boxes too, hmmm. In either case I know what patterns are being worked on right now by Ryan :)
By pagemaster1993
sloaner wrote:I will be getting the 2 new ones but should I buy all 5 in the vintage boxes too, hmmm. In either case I know what patterns are being worked on right now by Ryan :)
Oh, yeah! It's a special occasion Ryan you just got to make a Yummy Mummy and Frute Brute pattern to go with the other Monster Cereal Patterns for this year.
By SuperSonic
sloaner wrote:I will be getting the 2 new ones but should I buy all 5 in the vintage boxes too, hmmm. In either case I know what patterns are being worked on right now by Ryan :)
Where do you find them? In Canada perhaps? Or do you go to the States to buy them?
By pagemaster1993
Well I was finally able to get my hands on them. With Back To School going off the shelves the only natural thing to put on them is...? You guessed it Halloween stuff. I only bought one box of Frute Brute and Fruity Yummy Mummy.

By Zombie Pumpkins!
Nice, pagemaster! I I haven't seen the retro boxes yet, but I bought all 5 flavors in those modern designs! I'll probably take some pics in the near future.

For the record, I like the new (I mean, old flavors). Dare I say, I like them more than Franken Berry and Boo Berry? Maybe because I'm not used to the taste, so the uniqueness is refreshing. Yummy Mummy has a tasty flavor, I went back for seconds one morning. :oops:
By sloaner
SuperSonic wrote:
Where do you find them? In Canada perhaps? Or do you go to the States to buy them?
I will have to get them in the states I think. I don't think we get them in Canada.
By Kayo
i just saw that they are returning these guys. i was obviously not near my computer when this thread was posted. i hope we get them to round out our cereal group.
By Euri
Just curious, does any one know if Fruity Yummy Mummy or Fruit Brute were released this year? Last year was full of awesome yummyness with all 5 cereals. I'm SO glad I saved my boxes. I haven't seen either one yet, however I was very pleasantly surprised to find the three in Family Size boxes. And that was rightly named. It took my whole family a day to get through the Boo Berry. :lol:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
It's been formally confirmed that Fruity Yummy Mummy or Fruit Brute will not be available for 2014. I guess they want their return to feel like a special event, which it sure was. It was such a hit, I have to imagine they'll do it again. Maybe they will show their faces every few years.

I got all 10 boxes last year (retro and regular packaging) and saved all the boxes. Maybe I'll hang them on the wall somewhere. :lol: