Talking about spooky store scores and online oddity offerings.
OldTrustyLegs wrote:Glad I'm not the only underwhelmed by this year's scents. It seems like last year they had more new ones, didn't they? Or maybe they were just all better. I ended up buying more Farmer's Market because I loved it so much last year. I did get one of those Apple Cider votives, though. I like the slightly fruity/spicy ones. Anything that reminds me of what it smells like when I open up my bin of fall decorations every September.
If I recall correctly, in 2012 the new fall additions were...

Caramel Pecan Pie - Walnuts, pecans and creamy caramel.
Harvest Welcome - farm-fresh pumpkins.
Season's Blessings - Pear, plums and grape with hints of spice and cardamom.
Treehouse Memories - earthy woods wrapped in sweet, familiar spices.

The 2013 selection is...

Cozy Sweater - warm touches of musk and patchouli.
Lake Sunset - sweetly musky and moody, calling to mind the descent of nightfall.
November Rain - mix of watery leaf notes, warm amber and crisp, brisk air
Pumpkin Wreath - aroma of fall pumpkins, infused with earthy oakwood, hearty cinnamon bark, and clove.
Salted Caramel - burnt sugar, sea salt, and smooth vanilla caramel.
Vanilla Chai - ginger, cinnamon and vanilla.

If you liked last year's better, maybe it's because more of them seemed to be based on pumpkins and spice/fruit food items. Those are my favorite scents too. If it smells like something I'd want to eat, I will enjoy the smell.

I was recently shopping at HomeGoods, Marshalls, and T.J. Maxx (all owned by the same company) and you can usually find Yankee Candle jars there. Often older ones, at discount prices. Over the weekend I picked up another "Cider Web" jar (which based on the Yankee Candle website isn't being made anymore).