Talking about spooky store scores and online oddity offerings.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Yankee Candle will be premiering their 2013 Halloween items in store on August 3rd. I'll be there to check out the latest autumn scents and spooky decor. This image shows a sneak peek at a couple of thew new Boney Bunch pieces - a cute Frank and Bride candlestick set.

Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:So glad you reminded me that it's THIS weekend. How is it August already!?
Time just goes fast these days. Before you know it, it will be October.
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:
OldTrustyLegs wrote:So glad I decided to visit the forum today. I will definitely be braving the mall on Saturday to check that out.
So glad you reminded me that it's THIS weekend. How is it August already!?
I wouldn't have realized it had I not just flipped the page on my calendar. That happened quick. Not that I'm complaining, mind. We in the South are just fine with a summer that flies by.
I went to the preview today. Lots of fun, employees in costume and such. They've got some cool stuff this year. I was hoping for some solid new candle scents, but the November Rain smelled, to me, like cologne - not bad, just not...like rain or November. Or Guns'n'Roses. Who knows what they were going for? The Pumpkin Wreath is OK, but it smells pretty much like pumpkin and not much else. If you want one of the wreath ones, definitely go with Autumn Wreath. The Salted Caramel is pretty tasty, so if you like the food scents, that's definitely one to look for.

Out of the Boney Bunch collection, I ended up with the headless farmer (http://www.yankeecandle.com/detail/boney-bunch/1226823" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) and Bonesy (http://www.yankeecandle.com/detail/boney-bunch/1226794" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). I still want the hearse, the Frankenstein couple, and the bobbing for apples figure.

Anyone else start their stocking up?
OldTrustyLegs - I liked hearing your thoughts on the fall/Halloween stuff at Yankee Candle this year. I pretty much agree. I'm not too excited about any of the new scents. They're nice, but nothing I had to have. I tend to like the pumpkin scents (big surprise) but how many of those do I really need anyway? I already have quite a few in the process of being melted down...

I got some "Apple Pumpkin" scent last year, I liked that one. Apple cider smell (I have a few candles called "Cider Web") are a good fit for fall too. And someone gave me Harvest Welcome as a gift last year, that smells a bit more like natural pumpkins without the spice.

But that's the old stuff... this year the main new pumpkin scent is "Pumpkin Wreath." I bought a votive in that scent to try it out, but it's not my favorite. Smells a bit too floral for my tastes. Plant smells tend to irritate my nose.

Anyway, I headed to my local Yankee Candle store last Saturday morning, for their premiere party. I was pleased to see balloons and snacks and the staff in costume.

One employee was wearing an angel halo, with her face painted like a zombie. I complimented her costume effort, and she pointed out that she was a "dead angel." I said, "That's creative, but... aren't all angels dead, by definition?" She admitted that she didn't think of that, and felt like she was having a dumb blonde moment. I said, "No, don't feel bad. You're an undead angel. You don't see those every day."

So you enter the store and are greeted with all this Halloween goodness...

There are 4 Halloween-specific candle scents, same selection as the past few years...

"Trick or Treat" is a swirl of Candy Corn and Buttercream. "Pumpkin Patch" is Spiced Pumpkin and Harvest. "Witches Brew" is patchouli. And "Candy Corn" is... take a guess. I didn't buy any of these because I already have some Candy Corn and Pumpkin Patch candles left from past Halloweens. I do like the decorations around the side of this year's Candy Corn jar.

A big draw for collectors is the "Boney Bunch" figures. Most of them are candle holders, naturally. The biggest hit (based on the fact that I saw tons of people posting photos of it online) are this Frankenstein and Bride candlestick holder. If you want this pair, you may be out of luck. Most stores are sold out and so is the official website.

I don't collect the Boney Bunch, but it's fun to see what new variations they come out with ever year. Here are a few I photographed...

A sampling of other decor available...

Some cool (or rather, warm, I should say) jack o' lanterns. They are wax tart melters. You plug it in which heats up the area in the lid where the wax goes. But, he's a jack o' lantern so I sort of which the whole face was open so it could light up.

They have bottles again, tall and small. They're open on the top and bottom so you can put a tealight inside. They don't light up too much, but the glass is a dark purple. Really nice, although I think I prefer the bottle designs they had last year (which I bought).

Metal pumpkin sleeve for your jar candles. Tempting...

Also tempting was this 3-skull candle holder...

That one is part of their "Skeleton Crew" collection, which is the stuff of theirs that I like best. Here's some more in that style...

I only bought one small thing this time. Trying to be selective about what I buy, since I only have so much display space. I picked up this tealight candle holder, which is a stack of books with a small raven. I thought it was classy. "Nevermore."

You can see all of the Yankee Candle Halloween items on their site here.

Oh, and I talked to the staff at Yankee Candle about maybe doing a pumpkin carving demo in their store for their next Halloween premiere party. And then when I tweeted about my experience there, I got a shoutout and public retweet from the official Yankee Candle Company Twitter account, which was pretty cool. 8)

I like what you bought boss, definitely would have gone for that :) We've got a Yankee Candle here in Edinburgh city centre now but I think if I go and look I'll just be disappointed as the UK just doesn't do Halloween ion a big way :(

But all the stuff's so cool! I would buy a few candles and holders for sure :)

Nice work on the re-tweet too! You'll need to get plenty pics if you get to do a carving demo :)
I really like the Skeleton Hand Candle Stick Holder and the Raven Tea Light Holder. I have to try and get one of those Black Cat jar hangers this year. I ordered one last year and they were sold out.
Glad I'm not the only underwhelmed by this year's scents. It seems like last year they had more new ones, didn't they? Or maybe they were just all better. I ended up buying more Farmer's Market because I loved it so much last year. I did get one of those Apple Cider votives, though. I like the slightly fruity/spicy ones. Anything that reminds me of what it smells like when I open up my bin of fall decorations every September.
Can you make a deal with them and sell these in the ZP shop :P. I find it so hard to get down to the states to do this sort of thing.
By S.A.M
Thanks for this thread Ryan, I love seeing what Yankee Candle have for Autumn/Halloween. Last year I picked up Candy Corn and Witches Brew after seeing them here, I really love Witches Brew so much so that I just bought another two jars from an online shop :lol: I'd love to give some of the other Halloween scents a try but I've had no luck in tracking them down over here, perhaps as we get closer to Halloween they'll appear :)