Get help with forum features or suggest new functionality.
Hey all.... maybe you can help me out. You know how when you subscribe to a topic, you can receive emails to let you know when there's a new post? Or you'll receive an email to let you know when someone sends you a PM here.

Since the new site launched, have you all been receiving these emails? I have not, but I think it's an issue one of my email addresses, and not a site-wide problem with everyone on the forum. So I thought I'd check and see if everyone else is getting them.

Thanks.
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:Thanks zombombie, that narrows it down. Anyone else?
I get them for PM's. I haven't subscribed to any topics. I'll figure out how to do that now and let you know as soon as I can.
I would love to help but can't remember the password to my email account or the answers to the security questions.

As I'm here quite often, I just glance through the topics and check that the PM is showing its normal status.
i get them for 'subscribe to topics' but they tend to be delayed (i know you can do nothing about that) by sometimes an hour i haven't had any PMs so i'm no help there. i pretty much just check in all day and hit the new link at the top check my control panel make sure i am not ignoring anyone trying to talk to me.

as things heat up and the server gets bogged down i would think things like that may get lost in the web or take as my grandfather would call them the scenic route to get to the desired inboxes .
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Sounds like most of you are getting message of some sort from the forum, so that's a good thing.

Oh, and pagemaster - about messages that get sent out when a new pattern is released, are you talking about the "Pumpkin Scoop" email newsletter? I haven't activated that part of the site yet, so there haven't been any emails sent out there yet. Soon though.
I didn't get anything for this topic, and I've subscribed to it. This presents a problem.