Get help with forum features or suggest new functionality.
Pumpken wrote:Thanks for all your hard work on this forum. I like being able to post in different sizes and colors to break up the monotony of the replies. Great Job!
With great power comes great responsibility. Have fun, but beware of giving seizures to those with hyperactive color-sensing rods in their eyeballs. :wink:
I tease, but that brings up a good point. I don't want to dictate how everyone expresses their creativity in colors... but in the interest in legibility and courtesy, I think it would be best to use the new font size and color options in moderation. I think they work best when used selectively for emphasis. You might use the options to give further context to your words.

For example, you might say...

"I lit up my Frankenstein pumpkin with a green LED light and it was a HUGE hit with the neighborhood."

As opposed to....

...using big bold colors for your entire post like this, which could be seen as the equivalent of SHOUTING IN ALL CAPS, and gives your post unfair visual prominence over other people's posts.

I feel guilty typing that last line. Sorry, didn't mean to shout. :oops: :wink:
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:which could be seen as the equivalent of SHOUTING IN ALL CAPS
in digital high def on a cinema screen...

I remember introducing this function on a forum I was admin waaaay back, and I loved it, gave me some freedom and extra possibilities for saying what I had to say. You can emphasise better (like you did).
And then people started making our beautiful forum into a colouring book. Aaaaargh, I wanted to shoot each and everyone of them!
But, luckily, our members are a lot more mature than the users on that forum.

Still, I will shoot anyone of you if I have to :twisted:
By Kayo
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:
Pumpken wrote:Thanks for all your hard work on this forum. I like being able to post in different sizes and colors to break up the monotony of the replies. Great Job!
With great power comes great responsibility. Have fun, but beware of giving seizures to those with hyperactive color-sensing rods in their eyeballs. :wink:
that does bring up a good point and for this reason i generally will ignore posts in different colors. but just so everyone knows certain shades of red and blue mixed can induce seizures simply because of the frequencies the colors vibrate at together. they are also extremely difficult to read together for those that do not have seizures. i learned this in an art class not from experience thankfully but was informed that was one of the reasons the polygon episode of pokemon is now impossible to find between the red and blue flashes it was inducing seizures like crazy. :?

please highlight responsibly
Kayo wrote:
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:
that does bring up a good point and for this reason i generally will ignore posts in different colors. but just so everyone knows certain shades of red and blue mixed can induce seizures simply because of the frequencies the colors vibrate at together. they are also extremely difficult to read together for those that do not have seizures. i learned this in an art class not from experience thankfully but was informed that was one of the reasons the polygon episode of pokemon is now impossible to find between the red and blue flashes it was inducing seizures like crazy. :?

please highlight responsibly
Thank you for the info Kayo. I wouldn't have given that the slightest thought. Thanks for informing me and all the other form members.