Get help with forum features or suggest new functionality.
By chuckwagon
The other day, I uploaded a pic to the forum and I was having trouble with the image actually being embedded into the post. I know we've gone through a couple of changes with the forum, but I can't recall a proper "how to" on picture posting since then. It seems simple enough with the insert tool up there, but when I was trying to paste the url, it wasn't posting anything... I noticed that Ryan must have fixed it for me, but am I doing something wrong from the get go? I'm using imgur as I noticed many others doing when I would right click on their pics to get the link address for the pic, so I'm pretty sure the host isn't the issue... Anyone? Ryan, maybe?
By chuckwagon
Okay... since I can't be content waiting for an answer, I've been messing around for the last few minutes since making this original post, and I THINK I may have figured something out... I'm not a computer junkie, so forgive my ignorance.

It seems like you can't just post the url code in the img brackets and have the pic upload. What I did was copy a "share link" that ALSO had a .jpg at the end to specify it as an image file. It was referred to as a BBCode, and voila, image shows up just fine!