Get help with forum features or suggest new functionality.
The forum was accidentally broken, and what a nightmare it was to fix. So, thank you to the magic miracle worker (not me) who managed to frankenstein it back together, just in time for the big day. It's a Halloween miracle!

Since it's been a while, you might want a refresher of what's new and improved around here...

What's New:
  • Responsive layout! Yes, this forum will finally work well on phones and tablets!
  • Like/Dislike posts! You can give posts a thumbs up, like on your favorite social media sites.
  • Uploading Images! If you want to display images, you no longer need to host the files on your own server or a free image hosting service. You can upload directly from your hard drive to this forum (they actually get stored on a private imgur.com server but you don't need an account there). Look for the "Upload an Image" link under the message composition area when creating a post.
  • Notifications. The bell icon at the top will let you know if someone likes, quotes or replies to your posts; or if there are new posts in a topic that you've subscribed to.
  • Inbox Indicator. Similar to the bell icon, the letter icon will display a badge number if you have new private messages.
What's Improved:
  • Video Embedding! You no longer have to place any "video" tags to display a video. Just paste the link to the video site (like YouTube) and the video will just appear!
  • Expanded Profiles. Click on someone's avatar, you'll see a mini profile. Click their name and you'll see their full profile. Profiles now have more data, such as last active date, likes/dislikes given, most active topic/forum, etc.
  • Social Media Links. You can now enter your usernames for social media sites. So for example, your forum profile can have link buttons to your Facebook and Twitter pages. These will also show on the Member List.
Fixed:
  • Remote Avatars. If you have an image (min 100 pixels, max 300 pixels) on a free image hosting site or your own server, you can now link to it for your avatar.
Congrats shaft28! You just won the secret contest... a prize awarded to the first person who discovers the resurrected forum and posts a message. I'll PM you (a good test of the PM feature) to discuss your reward.

To everyone else... there are more secret contests to win. I won't tell you what you need to do, other than to keep posting regularly with good quality posts. A few random winners who meet certain criteria will get free gifts!
Thanks Ryan, I missed it!

I just posted photos in the forum for Carving Photos and Stories and I have to say it was so easy to add pictures right from my phone. No more Photobucket! Hallelujah!!! This is the best change you could have possibly made and I thank you for this!
YES! It's so good to be back and just in time for the big day :D So cool to see that we can directly upload photos to the forum especially seeing as Photobucket no longer allow image hosting and what a mess they've made with the "ransom" message; gonna have a go at removing the photobucket links from my old carving thread :thumbsup:
Can't wait to see what everyone has been up to and what's in store for Halloween.
YES! The monstrous forum has been brought back to life!
So good to be back, I actually really missed the Halloweentalk the past weeks.
Cant wait to see everyone return and hear what you all have been up to!
S.A.M - Yeah, those Photobucket links are a mess. I think I'll be spending some time after Halloween cleaning up old posts. More design and functionality tweaks to come around here too. But at least it's working, so we can chat!

Pumpkinfreak - Welcome back! I missed this place too.
By SuperSonic
So far so good!! Clean layout. Likes to be given on each post. It even says Heads Up!! A job well done Ryan!!

The site colors are also very clean and make the forum look super good.

It

Is

ALIIIIVE!! :frank: :frank: