Get help with forum features or suggest new functionality.
By Mayor of Haddonfield
I've uploaded all of my photos up to Photobucket, but whenever I copy the IMG and paste it into a post, the picture doesn't show up, just a little magnifying glass that you need to click on to see the actual photo.

What am I doing wrong?
By Mayor of Haddonfield
chuckwagon wrote:Did you paste the link in between the the two "Img" tabs when you put the link in the message body?
I copied the entire link and then pasted it. I just went back to the thread I was posting in, and now the picture in question is showing up. I also saw someone else had posted awhile back about the same problem, where at first a picture looks broken, only to go back later and it's fine.
By chuckwagon
That's very strange. I have the same problem with trying to embed youtube links for videos. I have never been able to get a video embedded in the body of a post... totally different topic, but i can sympathize with the frustration, lol.
By Mayor of Haddonfield
Ok, so this is weird. I posted the rest of my photos from my 2013 carves yesterday. As I posted them, some of them were fine, but for others all that was showing up was the little magnifying glass that you had to click on to see the image.

While at home last night, I went on that link from my iPad and every image was showing up just fine. Today I get to work, and it's back to the way it was. Who knows. Some people may be able to see all the images without any problems. I know I've gone into some threads where the images were there for some posts, but gone for others.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Hey Mr. Mayor... well I do believe you posted the image code correctly, because all the photos you posted are showing up fine for me. Seems like your work computer is where the images not load correctly? Can you tell me what operating system and what browser you're using at work? Maybe I can try the same combination on my end and see if I can recreate the issue.
By Raven
I had issues with pictures showing all last season. Some I could see, others I couldn't. It didn't matter if it was my own pictures or in someone else's posts. Sometimes if I refreshed the missing pictures would show up, but then others would be gone. I use Chrome and Windows 7 Enterprise x64. I never thought to try in Explorer or Firefox but I might if I continue to have the problems.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Hmm. I primarily use Chrome and Windows 7 also. If the images are hosted on a reliable server, the only reason I could think of for them not showing up is some glitch with the image resizing mod that I use on the forum. Let's keep an eye on this behavior, and if it keeps up I can try some different modifier code for resizing pics. Occasionally flukes can happen, but I don't want anyone to be inconvenienced enough to have to use another browser to come to this site.
By GeordieKin
I put my pictures on Flickr, and I found they didn't show up. It was the same on the antiques forum and Japanese Textiles one that I joined too. I'm not great with computers so it took me a while to discover what to do. You have a choice of picture sizes on Flickr so it's best to grab the code for a size that won't be too big for the forum page. Even then they weren't showing until I found that if I deleted parts of the code it made all the difference.

I have to do it every time, but now I know which part of the code to keep, it doesn't take long.