Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By Kayo
shutterbug wrote:
Ajax wrote:It's out on Friday probably be due for a new pattern on Friday :D . So many great monster cartoons this October.
...this is a cartoon ???!!!...
no its clay-mation. LOVE the Sparky pattern! people that call him Frankenwenie always bugged me even when i was little :x ... i was the 8 year old that went off on my teacher for calling the monster Frankenstine :lol:
By NOONE
That is awesome! Sparky, Zero, and Scraps would be an awesome group of pumpkins to carve together.
By shutterbug
Kayo wrote:
shutterbug wrote:
Ajax wrote:It's out on Friday probably be due for a new pattern on Friday :D . So many great monster cartoons this October.
...this is a cartoon ???!!!...
no its clay-mation. LOVE the Sparky pattern! people that call him Frankenwenie always bugged me even when i was little :x ... i was the 8 year old that went off on my teacher for calling the monster Frankenstine :lol:
...ya...I know it's clay-mation...saw some of the originals at the Tim Burton show in Toronto @ the TIFF...excellent show!
By jen d.
Awesome addition... I love his detail!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
NikkiRae wrote:Technically a clay stop motion animation :P
Kayo wrote:its clay-mation.
Well technically...

The portmanteau term "Claymation" is a registered trademark in the United States, registered by Will Vinton in 1978 to describe his clay animated films. While the word is not considered a generalized trademark, it has become a trademark which is often used generically in the US, and is the predominant term in the UK, to refer to any animation using plasticene or similar substance.

I'd call it stop-motion animation, since these recent movies (Frankenweenie, ParaNorman) don't use clay in their puppets, per se. They use metal armatures, presumably with some sort of foam/latex body. And hard heads/faces that they can replace, rather than re-sculpt in clay for each frame
By NikkiRae
Kayo wrote:i was the 8 year old that went off on my teacher for calling the monster Frankenstine :lol:
So was I! Haha Definitely always an outcast for that reason too :|
By Kayo
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:
Well technically...

The portmanteau term "Claymation" is a registered trademark in the United States, registered by Will Vinton in 1978 to describe his clay animated films. While the word is not considered a generalized trademark, it has become a trademark which is often used generically in the US, and is the predominant term in the UK, to refer to any animation using plasticene or similar substance.

I'd call it stop-motion animation, since these recent movies (Frankenweenie, ParaNorman) don't use clay in their puppets, per se. They use metal armatures, presumably with some sort of foam/latex body. And hard heads/faces that they can replace, rather than re-sculpt in clay for each frame

good point! i didn't realize it was trademarked. it is stop-motion but not a cartoon. :D they have multiple puppets for each character like they did for nightmare before christmas but not made of clay like Jack and friends were. but something that said some of the faces they can change little bits like the angle of the eyebrows will pivot and sparkie's ears on some of his heads are bendy and mold able with wire and silicone covering little things that let them have the mold ability of clay but not as many of the complications of it.
NikkiRae wrote:
Kayo wrote:i was the 8 year old that went off on my teacher for calling the monster Frankenstine :lol:

So was I! Haha Definitely always an outcast for that reason too :|

good thing we all ended up on in the same place 8)