Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By Tkaraoke
Joey wrote:Though I haven't seen PotA either. Though that's just shamefulness on my part
You can't see EVERY flick that was made (hell, I didn't see Ferris Bueller's Day Off until a few months ago...now that's SHAMEFUL since I went to HS in the 80's) but if you want to see a great SF flick, you need to check out PotA. The special effects (the ape costumes) were state-of-the-art back then and I think they still hold up.

God, I remember when TRON was the most advanced computer graphics ever attempted and we (the kids of the 80's) were totally blown away. I bet 90% of all of the kids who became programmers/computer people were huge fans of that movie.

BTW: The movie SHORT CIRCUIT (Johnny 5 is ALIVE! No disassemble!) is still a fun. cool movie but don't see the second one! ACK!
By Joey
I have seen the Short Circuit movies, but only when I was really little so I don't know them that well. And I know I've seen Tron, only the sound sucked as it was played on the wall at a SF convention.

I'm going to go look and see if we have PotA on DVD. It may be a good movie to carve a pumpkin to.
By Tkaraoke
I bought the TRON DVD set when it came out and watched it....turns out the film was much more boring than I remember! LOL

I think seeing STAR WARS in the theaters when it first came out was a mind blowing experience. I remember walking out of there in a daze as if I had just seen the face of GOD...or Jim Henson in person...one of the two!
:lol:
The hair still stands up on the back of my neck when Darth is just getting ready to lay the hammer down on Luke in the Death Star trench then all of a sudden laser bolts come out of nowhere (blasts ship that crashes into Vader) and there is the Falcon coming out of the sun with Han yelling, "You're all clear kid! Let's blow this thing and go home!". That single scene has to be my all time favorite from any movie.