Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By Dans banana Loafcake
Again similar to the last stencil request I also noticed the PM sensational shadows.

Now a lot of the stencils on ZP could be adapted to be shadow pumpkins (i.e. Pumpkins with a 2nd carving on the back to illuminate the wall behind). I thinking of the Batman stencil with the bat sign behind it, or Mr Incredible with the incredible's sign behind it (on a sub note, the who Incredible's family as individual stencils would be awesome) and the jack sparrow with the jolly roger behind it.

These are all easy ones to think of but I think again, Ryans creative brain could come up with some more interesting ZP versions of this idea.

Either way I plan to use ZP stencils in combination with the Shadow pumpkin ideas this season.

Dan
By vertigo
:) those are great ideas!!! I've never actually seen these ones-will have to do a search, but i love the idea of Jack Sparrow and the Jolly Roger!!! Would love to try Jack Skellington with an Oogie Boogie in the back too!!!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Last season's gallery brought us this "Shaun of the Dead" with the "Dawn of the Dead" zombie behind him.

2005 Gallery - #344

How about the "Freaky Tiki" with his hibiscus flowers projected from the back? Or the "Corpse Bride" with a bunch of butterflies on the wall behind her?
By Dans banana Loafcake
There you go Ryan, now your thinking along the right lines.

Yeah I remember seeing the Shaun/Dawn pumpkin and thinking what a wicked combination of stencils. That’s what I'm talking about. I was also thinking of maybe stencils being created to be deliberately put together if you see what I mean.

Alternatively, without sticking a fix tag on them, it allows us lot to think creatively.

Dan
By Tkaraoke
You could even "mix and match" patterns for example...

You can have Captain Kirk stencil on the front with a USS Enterprise "shadow" stencil on the back....or visa versa. Or use that same Enterprise stencil on the front and make a Klingon "shadow" stencil on back...or the Star Trek logo. The possibilities are only limited to our (and Ryan's) imaginations.
By vaderknightrider
I'm not good at shadows at all, but what the hey!! Let's have some.
By haktup
intersting is this done by simply carving a second image in the rear of the pumpkin as if you would the front or is there a different way of doing it?
By Mister_JP
Yeah, that's the idea. But depending on the shape of the pumpkin you may have to pick and choose where to carve the shadow. Also, you may have to flatten out the shadow design if you want it to look "right" when it flares up onto the wall . The shadow will always be longer and taller than the original shape when it projects above the pumpkin.
By Pumpkingrower
It might seem gaudy but in the right "lack" of light you can barely tell it has been done. You can tape/tack/staple large white roll or paper or poster board at the correct angle to your pumpkin and the shadow displays more evenly, you can also move your light source around inside the pumpkin. Changing the direction of the light is abit easier than moving the paper around but does not leave much room to play with, its just a tweak. 8)
By vaderknightrider
Don't forget the holes for the shadow can be seen from the front in certain angles.