Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By Tkaraoke
Ok, I know...lame, lame, lame..... :lol:

I was thinking the other day and I came up with the idea of putting a tribal tattoo all the way around a pumpkin. At first I thought it would be kind of an overused idea but I've looked and looked but haven't seen an example of one yet. Maybe it's a cool idea that nobody has every come up with or it's so lame that nobody would even seriously consider doing it. :lol:

Speaking of tribal, if you go to an image search engine like GOOGLE or YAHOO!, do this search: "tribal tattoo black and white" . You can find some really cool patterns that are just begging to be turned into pumpkin stencils.
By Aylortay
I think if you put something all the way around a pumpkin, unless it was VERY simple with thick lines, it might collapse on itself...
By Tkaraoke
Aylortay wrote:I think if you put something all the way around a pumpkin, unless it was VERY simple with thick lines, it might collapse on itself...
At various points in the design you can keep the integrity of the shell by not cutting all the way through it. It would all depend on how the design was...ummm...designed! :lol:
By Aylortay
At various points in the design you can keep the integrity of the shell by not cutting all the way through it.
Good call :) But Ryan also only designs full-cut patterns (for now, at least) so that anyone, no matter what their previous carving experience is, can easily carve the pattern. Scrape-aways or not cutting all the way through is a more advanced technique, I think