Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By Ajax
I noticed with the new search options that nothing challenging has come out so far for 2009. I want super detail :D that gives me carpol tunnel by the time i'm done. Something i need a surgical scapal to carve. I'm not sure who it would be though. Evil ash? Pumpkin Head? Wishmaster? Leprechaun? Some unique creations? The last supper? What would have the need the intense detail of freddy or pinhead? Just thought i'd throw it out there I usually try to do the most challenging patterns ryan makes. There are some really nice advanced ones out so far this year though. Asylum Joker, Deaddite cheryl, mad hatter and kustom frankie.
By Raven
Sometimes this is why I wish Ryan put all his patterns out all at once. I get very anxious to see what might be coming up next. Ryan tends to do patterns everyone could carve. I think it would be nice to have a section with a few challenging patterns. I just had to do Pinhead last year because of the detail. I'm rather sure I swore a few times while carving, but it just all adds to the challenge. I would love to see one or two detailed patterns on the site each year though.
By SuperSonic
agreed :)
By nosferatu
I'd love to see some but whether I would carve them or not is another matter. Plus would they lose their ZP brand identity? Put a ZP stencil in a line up with other pumpkin patterns and I'm 100% confident that I could easily identify it. Start adding more detail and all those recognizable traits I fear would be lost. The patterns may look relatively straightforward but as with all great design the complexity and the beauty of the pattern is very cleverly hidden.

Compare ZP patterns to those for the same subject on other websites and the nuances stand out a mile and they highlight the craft and thought that have gone into each zp pattern.

Having said all that, its probably because I lack dexterity and ability that puts me off trying more complicated and intricate patterns, those of you across the Atlantic are far more experienced and are more likely to attempt them.

The beauty of simple design for me is highlighted by last year's Darth Maul pattern. Even with a touch of arthritis is my hands, I was able to follow the instructions, print it, cut it , carve it and end up with something that was simply spectacular and looked astounding
By Ajax
I'm not talking the Sistine Chapel nos :lol: . I am just thinking something along the lines of gillman or hellraiser. Although i haven't attempted those yet :oops: . I have attempted freddy and that is in the challenging category and i was very happy with the results. I also did Darth Maul and I consider that pretty difficult.
By Ajax
although....

maybe next year.
By nosferatu
:lol:

Isn't that you in the middle wearing jeans?
By Ajax
I just noticed that what the heck is it. :lol: Maybe it's wheres waldo on vacation.