Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By Ajax
Ever see the episode of the twilight zone where they all have pig like faces? There is a patient who has a human face and they are considered the freak it's called eye of the beholder. They did a Saturday night live sketch about it with Pamela Anderson that is pretty funny. Youtube it.
By GUS
CHEERS!

..so what do you think of the pattern?
By Ajax
It's pretty dead on to the actual character. I'm not sure if i will carve it or not because I think it's relevance would be lost on most of the people in my area that would see it. I really like it though.

By nosferatu
Liking it a lot.

I also like the SAW pig and Napoleon from Animal Farm. Pig heads can be bought from the local slaughterhouse and would make interesting props.
By Ajax
nosferatu wrote:Liking it a lot.

I also like the SAW pig and Napoleon from Animal Farm. Pig heads can be bought from the local slaughterhouse and would make interesting props.
That is sick Nos but I like it.
By nosferatu
I used to love The Twilight Zone and this pattern is no pig. Infact it's snoutstanding!

Rhinoplasty surgery could sort that out no problem.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Doctor Bernardi

Ajax, you know your stuff. It's a shame that the average person may not recognize this doctor. But to those familiar with the old Twilight Zone episodes, I figured this guy would be the best shot at something recognizable. The "pigface" doctor and nurse have even been turned into a set of collectible figures.

While looking for references pictures, I kept finding the same still image from the episode. Not satisfied with that, I decided to watch the full episode (Season 2, Episode 42). That provided great inspiration while drawing this pattern. I picked the pose where the doctor first turns toward camera for the big reveal of his face.

The episode is titled "Eye of the Beholder" and I considered giving the pattern that title. But of course we already have a pattern here with that name. But watching the episode helped realize that he actually does have a name. One of the nurses refers to him as Doctor Bernardi.

Not only did I watch the episode, but I listened to a few remixes of the theme song, and read the history of the show on wikipedia. When I make a pattern, I really immerse myself in the theme and like to educate myself. That's devotion for ya folks, it's more than drawing a pattern, there's research involved too! :)
By Ajax
I love the old twilight zones. I agree that is one of the most recognizable characters you could have made from the show . I don't claim to have seen all the episodes of the series but I have defineitly watched the most popular and that is one of them. The other two I hear referenced alot in popular culture is to serve man, and the episode where the guy breaks his glasses after everyone is dead and he finally has peace to read. I'm going to try to track them all down someday. I could tell who it was the minute i saw it Ryan. Although on first glace did think it was This guy which kind of got me excited to.

Last edited by Ajax on Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By nosferatu
The British race is discriminated against once more! "Sorry this video is not available in your geographic region".

Is the Phantom more sooner or more later? :D
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Sorry Brits, I had a feeling that might be the case with the streaming TV episodes.

To be safe, I'll say that the Phantom is more... later.
By Tkaraoke
nosferatu wrote:The British race is discriminated against once more!
Serves you right for that whole "taxation without representation" thing a few years back!
:P
By Tkaraoke
Serious....

All I could do when I saw this pattern for the first time was say "HOLY S&@T!" several times before I could regain my wits. This pattern is just fantastic, Ryan. I'm sure any fan of The Zone would be proud to put this on a pumpkin. I know I am!!

Now...maybe there is a glimmer of hope for The Gremlin from "Nightmare At 20,000 Feet"!
:D