Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By nosferatu
I've been reading up on the career of Tom Savini recently and was appalled.

Not by his career but of my shocking level of ignorance where he is concerned. As a result I would request bringing back his patterns, the man truly deserves the accolade of being zp'd and should be de-mothballed.

I plan to carve him and as I only have one of the patterns, I would love the other one too.

For those of you who want to know more about him, either wikipedia or http://www.savini.com
By Zombie Pumpkins!
So you're aware that two Savini patterns existed? I'm not sure if both were available on the site though.

I had a bit of contact with the Savini camp, and made the patterns for him to distribute at a horror convention. I did not attend, nor did I see any photos, so I don't know how it all turned out.

But I've always liked the man and his list of film credits, from acting, stunt work, and special effects makeup on some of the classics (Friday the 13th 1 and 4, Dawn of the Dead).

From interviews and DVD commentaries I've heard, he seems like a cool guy, who enjoys his craft and appreciates his fans. Hopefully I'll get to meet him at a convention sooner or later, and present him with his pumpkin likeness, in person.

I'd like to add the Savini patterns back onto the site, but how would I categorize them? They were more or less just portraits of the man, not as a movie or TV character.
By GUS
..Homage?

..unique creations?

carve him & they will come! (field of dreams)
By nosferatu
How about yet another category......Horror Icons.

For those who don't fit into any other section but have made an outstanding contribution - George A Romero, Hitchcock etc.

To be honest, I only ever thought that there was one design but CanadianCarver's list of defunct patterns highlighted that there were two.

I read on another thread earlier that he seems pretty likeable. He certainly comes across well on the video section on his website plus others posted on youtube
By Drayco
zombiepumpkins wrote:I'm not sure if both were available on the site though.
They were, I have both copies in my ZP folder.

Image Image
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Nice Drayco, pulling some images out of the archives. Look how different the pumpkin sample images looked then (and they'll look a bit different again this year). You can almost date the pattern by the style of the thumbnail image.
By nosferatu
Is that taken from your draft script for C.S.I. : Pumpkin

(Carving Scene Investigations) :lol:

Actually Tom Savini looks like he would be a criminal on the show, just can't make my mind up which location: NY, Las Vegas or Miami?

Has to be Las Vegas.
By Paperjane9
I love Tom Savini, is anyone aware that he played Sex Machine in From Dusk Till Dawn? There we go... Heroic Headliners :twisted: . He definitely deserves it. I vote for bringing him back.
By GUS
Sex machine was notably a great character in the film, one of my favourites, I always wondered about the re-load mechanism!
By nosferatu
I have to confess that Tom was on my Carve List at number 4 no least prior to any patterns for 2009 being released.

However, due to such a strong showing from this year's patterns, he was eventually forced out and the only pre 2009 pattern that made it was ET.

However, I still plan to have a go at carving him on some mis-shapen gourd. I think he would appreciate that more than on a pumpkin