Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By Ajax
Or maybe just the moon projected in the background and et flying in front.
By Ajax
actually it would probably have to be reverse.
By Ajax
This could work to with the trees and tombstones as the shadow.

By vibhandaka
Oooh the ET idea is really good!!! I like that.

I'm gonna try to think of some more ideas.
By paddy_babe
if the back project image could be detailed, it would be a cool idea to have a grotesque version of whatever the front pattern was, for example....
little girl on front - zombie girl on back
nemo on front - jaws on back
funny grinning jack - zombie pumpkin come to eat BRAINS! :lol:

I'd love to try that, if there were patterns and a possible 'how-to' :)
By vibhandaka
I would like to see a Vincent Price pattern. Perhaps a headshot of Vincent and then a Fly as the shadow, I don't know how much "mass appeal" that would have though. I have just always liked Vincent Price.
By paddy_babe
is that the guy from the original fly movie and also in jurassic park? (plays a witty but slighty moody guys)?

if so I'd totally do that pattern!
By vibhandaka
Paddy, Vincent Price is in the original "The Fly", but I think the actor you are thinking of is Jeff Goldblum. Jeff Goldblum was in the remake of "The Fly" and "Jurassic Park".
By paddy_babe
oh yeah I remember, the other one was in black and white? I prefer jurassic park guy :D
By Paperjane9
I did one of these types of carvings a few years ago, unfortunately my house is not set up so that I can display it effectively. You do need a black background for the image to be projected on. Granted I am speaking from a half forgotten experience a few years ago and I haven't brainstormed for other ideas. I think the next year was the year I discovered ZP, which IMHO were exceptional. I definitely be interested to see what Ryan can come up with. Oh yeah...I believe you have to make the back side image small and higher up than the front pattern, otherwise you will lose too much light.
By GUS
thanks for putting that into perspective in terms of "image throw" PJ..
(i'm immediately clearer on this now)