Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By Tkaraoke
I just had a cool idea...

Maybe we could start a line of ZP "shadow" pumpkins. A good example would be Sonic on the front, and maybe Tails projected upward flying overhead!
:D
By vibhandaka
Do those shadow stencils really work? I've never tried one. If so, that would be a cool idea!
By Raven
I did like the shadowing I did, and others did, on E.T. this year. However, I still like the complete cut out designs best.
By Euri
That sounds like a great idea! You do mean the pumpkins where you carve a stencil on the front and then a smaller related stencil on the back so that it would project on the wall behind, right? I love those! I've done some before, but it's been a while. Oooh, so many possibilities for this to add to some ZP designs. I would definately like to see this. :D
By Raven
:oops: Ahh, that kind of shadowing! I was thinking of the scraping a design shadowing. In my defense, I'm sick and drugged up. :P

Now that I understand better, I like that idea!
By CombichristGirl
now when i do those i have to do lettering and things backwards right? how far can they be from the wall and still look good?
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I've seen some of that sort of "projection" done with my patterns. But I haven't yet designed any stencils specifically for that purpose. I should do some more experimenting with that sort of thing. I like the effect!
By The Vlad Hatter
If anything you put a regular pattern on the front and then have the Zombie Pumpkins projected on a wall in the back. Cool pattern and advertising.
By nosferatu
You need to check out Ryan's Joker pumpkin in the Carvings section to see what is achievable.

Truly awesome and very cool.
By SuperSonic
i like the sonic on the front and tails on the back idea posted by Tkaraoke that would look amazing on a pumpkin
By nosferatu
Another timely bump. Shadows are an excellent idea and I would love to carve some
By JMP919
This is definately on my list of things I haven't done but would like to try.
By Ajax
You mean i have to carve two patterns on one pumpkin :|. When i could potentially have two different pumpkins with different patterns? :D , Kidding I think it would be cool i bought a pumpkin master set years ago with this concept and would like to see Ryans take. I'd like to see some actual movie scenes recreated this way maybe an et flying on the bicycle projected against the wall. with these hands carved in front. Or you could just do et on a bike with the moon and stars as the projection.

Last edited by Ajax on Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.