Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By ZPjames
oh my god ryan. i love you!! a lot. im definitely doing both of those patterns. and when i watch the movie im gonna have them both right with me lol. im carving them tonight!! thanks again ryan. youre my hero :)
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Sam is like the new mascot of Halloween, he had to be patternized. He would have been tricky, had I not simplified his face stitching. Still, there are several cuts there. If you get sick of carving, you could always omit the hand and lollipop. But then again, you wouldn't want to deny Sam one of his favorite weapons, would you?
By ZPjames
no of course not. i dont want to fall down a flight of stairs covered in razor blades. besides i could never not finish him. hes perfect.
By SaneInsideInsanity
:D :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D :D
To them all....luv luv luv them all....dont know if they fit the theme yet but im def doing one of the 3
By ZPjames
Couldn't wait any longer :)

Hope you don't mind Ryan that I put the X's in his eyes.

By SaneInsideInsanity
Pretty nice work james, they look amazing carved!
By Mistress_of_Halloween
Those look great!! I like how you did the eyes.
By Raven
Very nice ZPjames!!

I will be waiting at the doors at the video store for this movie.

Nice job on the patterns Ryan!
By ZPjames
thanks guys :) I did them kind of fast so they need a little retouching.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
ZPjames - You're quick! Sam will treat you nice this Halloween, for being so loyal to the holiday tradition.

I like the x's on the button eyes. I originally had them on the pattern, but eventually decided on just the circles to make the carving process a little easier. Either way, looks fantastic.
By ZPjames
thanks man. couldnt have done it without you :P
By GUS
ryan, could we have an amended set of alt eyes on the same pattern for those wanting the authentic look, (a bit like Voorhees & his mask(S)
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Gus - Not sure how I'd distribute an alternate pattern like that. I try to have one "official" version of the pattern, to avoid cluttering the pattern pages with near duplicates (thus, no more Eric Draven without crow, or Frank without rabbit years).

But I also like to encourage carvers to modify the patterns slightly, to make them more personal. That's the fun of creativity. Sam's eyes should be pretty easy to change if you wanted. Just draw a fat "X" with a marker over each eye. Then just cut out what is grey, as usual. Instant pattern alteration!
By GUS
OK boss! ..I see what you mean, I stupidly thought the stencil could have some alternate X X on a spare part of the page for scale & such-like, I hate the criticism of ..."aah eee didn't get that bit right" from visitors (not that I've heard much under 3 inches of latex & make-up)..

I come from Cromwell country y'see (the original puritans)