Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By jmgphx
My teenage daughter would love me forever if I could get a pattern for Edward from the Twilight movie coming out in November! I know it's being released after Halloween, but there are plenty of movie pics out there!!
By hisbrandofheroin
Since Twilight is almost as big as Harry Potter, it would be great to see some patterns before the film comes out Nov. 21! Even just the words Twilight in the Zephyr font would be awesome!!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I am hearing a lot of buzz about this. Do you think it might be more popular for pumpkins next year, after more people have had a chance to find out about Twilight? Sort of how Sweeney Todd is getting even more requests this year (it came out after Halloween in 2007).
By Joey
I personally don't see Twilight as Halloweeny at all. I mean it's just got vampires in name only, the rest is just a romance story.

*cough* My opinions on the quality of the series aside, I think if you're going to go for a vampire I'd stick to something more traditional like Dracula, which more people would recognize. I still meet a lot of people who have never heard of Twilight.
By Euri
What Joey says is correct. The vamps aren't very Halloweeny and it really is mostly a romance.

Having said that, I am a fan of the series myself, I believe that the popularity depends on age and location. Honestly where I am at you could throw a rock and hit 6 people who have read the books and not all of them will be teenage girls. I also think, as you said Ryan, that there will be a greater interest after the movie comes out. I could be wrong though. :wink:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Thanks for the feedback. I'm taking all the opinions into consideration. I haven't read the books or heard too much about the movie yet. But the emails and search stats I'm collecting are saying that a good number of people are interested. Or maybe the teen girls are just more vocal in their requests? :wink:

I personally prefer Halloweeny themes here on ZP. But occasionally there's a book or movie that is so popular, I must meet the demand. Napoleon Dynamite doesn't even have vampires in it, but it was one of the most popular patterns here in the year the movie came out
By hisbrandofheroin
I see where everyone is going with it....it's actually a very popular series , (i work at a library)...for the last book, Borders and Barnes and Noble bookstores had midnight parties across the U.S. that were just as big as Harry Potter parties...and its probably going to be as big as harry potter....it will blow up even more after the movie is released. There are good and bad vampires in the book along with werewolves, so I think it relates to Halloween. It would be great to have a pattern this year, but it could also wait next year

Thanks
By Euri
I Love midnight book parties! I was afraid that after Harry Potter it would be a long while before another book was popular enough to have one. And with this series you almost have to buy the book to read it, at our library they had waiting lists with no less than 30 people on it for each book. :o You've likely seen that at yours as well.

IMHO, a Twilight stencil would be popular. I know several people who would sub. just for that (cuz I don't give out copies :wink: )and then make T-shirts, or whatever. Yeah, lots of interest in this series/movie. Who knows, if Ryan were to put out a stencil next year after the movie it would probably blow Napoleon Dynamite's record out of the water. 8)
By hisbrandofheroin
For Breaking Dawn alone our library had 600+ holds for it!! The last Harry Potter had a little over 700!! If not this year, hopefully Ryan can do it next year...Im gonna try just to carve the words Twilight on my pumpkin anywayz!
By Raven
Hmm.... Every year I carve a pumpkin for my nephews and niece. However, their mom is a huge Twilight fan. I may instead carve her a "Team Jacob" pumpkin. That is about all I could manage to do on my own. :)

I stole the idea from the t-shirts they sell at Hot Topic. Its certainly nothing that elaborate! I do agree that next year will be a better time for an official Ryan Twilight pattern.

I found this while searching the web the other day. Some talented people out there!!

By SaneInsideInsanity
I also have read the book though they are good again i think they would be abetter pattern for next year. And it is a more romanitc then horror seris. Vampire wise i'd rather see sp,e classics like Bram Stolker's Dracula or interview with the vampire, but that may just be me
By Sind3315
*sigh* When this post was originally posted I was like "what's all the fuss about?" Then I read the books last week. The first one in one day. the rest w/in the week and seen the movie on it's opening day *hangs head* I'm offically a 14 year old girl again and in love with Twilight. :lol: Sooooo, that being said, if you do patterns of Edward, Bella, etc... I'll be on board.
By nosferatu
Young adult oriented fiction is some of the best writing around. I haven't read any of these books but I must admit I am intrigued.

Whilst the Harry Potter books were quite enjoyable, I read "Shadowmancer" by J.P. Taylor in a day. Something I haven't done with a book for years....not even on holiday. The first three chapters had me gripped and I found myself thinking, " I need to finish this book." I then did the same as you and went and bought all of the authors books and read them consecutively.
By Sind3315
I'll have to check that out! Yup, I'm also a Harry Potter fan.... but I wasn't a huge fan until I read the books.

The Twilight books I just couldn't put down. The movie, well that's another story. I think Summit really played it up to the teen crowd, almost to a bit of cheesiness, but it had the basic story down. Of course in the book, the story line is much more complicated and exciting... But all in all, it was horrible. Now if I hadn't read the books first, I probably wouldn't have really liked the movie all that much....

But I'm putting Shadowmancer on my christmas list, thanks again!