Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Well the thing about some of the retired designs... they are no longer on the site because I felt the designs were poor or not structurally sound for carving. So I wouldn't want inferior product floating around, carrying the ZP name on it.

Don't worry, the popular creatures and characters will return to the website eventually. Probably not in their old form, but a new and improved form!
By mesmark
GUS wrote:But then that's an incentive to lose quality over quantity in terms of readable posts!
The off season is a little slow in here but not that slow. This place gets so busy I have to choose what I'll read and skip some posts as we enter Oct.

I have a posting incentive on my site, but that's because I get 5 posts a day; 3 are job ads and 1 is mine. :cry:

What about a 'rotten patch' here in the forums? It could be a place for us to post our own attempts at stencils and it could still be somewhat private. Ryan could set up a group and only the group members would be able to see it on the forums. It would be kind of like a secret place...
By sodajazz
ohhh secret place ...sounds kind of secret-ish :lol: I'd be up for that ...an elite membership what would be the criteria ? :D
By S.A.M
Personally I think they should remain retired and be a part of the forum folklore if you like, for you oldies to remember and us newbies to wonder what they were like :lol: :lol:
By mesmark
sodajazz wrote:ohhh secret place ...sounds kind of secret-ish. I'd be up for that ...an elite membership what would be the criteria ?
A place that can only be found by those who know where it is...

When you create a group, a new member must request to be added. So, there'd be a link you could send to someone for them to request to be added to a group, but it doesn't have to be a public link. It can be something that existing members have ahnging around in their private message mail box or something.

Ryan has his hands full now, I assume. I can see the shine wearing off eventually but it might be some off-season fun. :lol:
S.A.M wrote:Personally I think they should remain retired and be a part of the forum folklore if you like, for you oldies to remember and us newbies to wonder what they were like
I also think the retired stencils are kind of like rare trading cards. They're no longer around and those that have them feel sort of special.
CanadianCarver wrote:I know this was partially discussed in another thread, but I thought I would start a new one. I went back through my old PDF version stencils, and here is the list I came up with that are no longer on the site:

Brandon Boyd from Incubus
Chuck (not sure who he is though!)
Frank skull - Donny Darko
Horseman's Steed
Killer Klown
Macphisto from U2
Space Monkey 3000
Tom Savini 1
Tom Savini 2
Warren Vanderdark
Thom Yorke from Radiohead
Yami Yugi
Rob Zombie (different from the 2 currently on the site)

A lot of these have copyright dates of 2003, so I guess this must be my 5th year of ZP stencils!

Others mentioned the Pan O' Lantern, Freak Ryan and Howl O'Ween, but I do not have copies of these.

Does anyone else have any that I am missing?
I was updating my patterns and thought I would update the "retired" list.

In addition to the above, I now see that Jim Morrison, Bono and Darth Maul are no longer on the site. Not sure what these 3 have in common though!

Does anyone have the Pan O' Lantern , Freak Ryan, or any other retired ZP stencil I am missing? It would be nice to have the complete set! (Assuming Ryan is ok with us trading/posting retired patterns??) Let me know!
By Tkaraoke
I could be wrong but didn't Ryan do a horse pattern as well? I thought someone mentioned this a while back in anoither thread.
By sodajazz
Killer clown is still there, just been given a new name 'Dementia the Clown' :wink:
By CanadianCarver
sodajazz wrote:Killer clown is still there, just been given a new name 'Dementia the Clown' :wink:
These are actually different patterns
By Dadja
CanadianCarver wrote:
sodajazz wrote:Killer clown is still there, just been given a new name 'Dementia the Clown' :wink:
These are actually different patterns
I still have the 2003 version, it was named dementia then already, but different details...
By matspud
Why not have them in the bonus patterns section for Monster ♦members? That might increase the total you can give to charity Ryan.

I have been a member for eons now ( well it feels that way) and I didn't print off all patterns the first few years so, although I have seen them, I don't have them on file :(
By keithk83
Does anyone have freak ryn or devil gargoyle or know what they looked like? :D I would be interested to find out
By keithk83
Thank you much Tkaraoke! :lol: great pattern