Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By GUS
I ask with GREAT trepidation bearing in mind how minor league & new I am (..nah that's not the groveling yet believe me)!

However, having read through a few posts regards ZP 2004 pumpkin logo unnoficial pattern, (and pictured in a mesmarks title picture)...you know the one! & bearing in mind Ryan seems to have Ok'ed the "homage" pattern within another thread may I ask whoevers got the patternfor a copy (please)
..Having only the 6 Funkins I am going through a bit of a mental trauma as to which pattern V which pumpkin.

Over the last few nights I've finished 2 stencils (patchmaster on a fieldspar funkin) & last night "eye of the beholder" enlarged onto a Perfect model funkin.

For those familiar with the "Toad" incredibly warty pumpkin ..I have a gut feeling that this pattern is a must do for my current limited qty of pumpkins
the consistently lumpy Zombie pumpkin look of this is a do or die for me, (plus lets face it i need the practice)
OK so I'm ordering more currently but it's debateable whether they'll be here for Halloween.

so can anyone help with this one please?
By mesmark
Gus - What I did was take the image from this site (you can now get it from the history page page) and I cut and copied the left half. (You'll probably need some photo editing software.) So, I cut the picture in half and then just flipped the left side over and placed it on the right, basically a mirror effect.

I didn't bother making an actual stencil, I just printed that picture, enlarged it on a photocopier and used the image as is.

Since I didn't even ask permission to do that :oops: , I don't think I can send you the image I made. BUT, I have a pretty good feeling we'll be seeing some mascots and I'm sure the stencils that come out will make my little attempt look rather hack!
By mesmark
mesmark wrote:BUT, I have a pretty good feeling we'll be seeing some mascots
I'm quoting myself :o

Usually when Ryan has been pretty quite about certain requests, they tend to pop up. He did sort of dismiss the idea back in 2005 but there's been a buzz since and he hasn't said no.

We shall have ZP mascots or storm his manor! :lol:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I did turn the "Revenge" pumpkin into a stencil (similar to mesmarks avatar) but the file seems to have disappeared on me. I think I sent it with a few people, so if anyone has it, pass it on back to me so I can share with those who ask for it.

On the topic of mascot pumpkin patterns, it's a tricky thing... it seems like a no-brainer to offer them as patterns, but they're cartoon drawings with thin lines and features that aren't all connected. In that sense, they aren't practical as carvable designs - as is the case with many toon characters.

On the other hand, I could create a pattern of just the face part (the eye holes, nose hole, mouth hole) as if your pumpkin is the head itself, with the familiar facial features. I've tried this, but you lose a lot of key characteristics (the overall shape, the curly stem, the mold spots perhaps).

I don't want to mislead ya and say this request will happen. But you can be sure that it's high on my list of patterns I'd like to see as much as you!
By GUS
mesmark wrote:Gus - What I did was take the image from this site (you can now get it from the history page page) and I cut and copied the left half. (You'll probably need some photo editing software.) So, I cut the picture in half and then just flipped the left side over and placed it on the right, basically a mirror effect.

I didn't bother making an actual stencil, I just printed that picture, enlarged it on a photocopier and used the image as is.
..Darn I'm dumb! ..there was I enlarging the button badge image to try & get something half decent! ..and yet the obvious route was staring me in the face!
Ta for that.

Ryan, I know what you mean regards losing key features & lumps thats why I'm keen to save pieces of funkins to chop, scrape, thin & reglue, & add a bit of stalk courtesy of a craft box.
Thought about sacrificing a small funkin or larger chopped out pieces in order to create eyelids, buckteeth or whatever may work whilst retaining as much of the original as is sensible without detracting from what "it" is.
We can only try can't we. ...but a legitimate stecil would definitely go a long way towards getting it right.
cheers