Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
Well, I remember the first pattern that I carved from this website was the Michael Myers silhouette but I believe that I manged to find the PDF from an unofficial source. But it was because of that pattern that lead me to decide to join and support; this was probably about 8 years ago? But since officially signing up, I have no idea what my first pattern I printed was. :pale:
I don't know what I printed first, but I do remember The Patch Master and then Heads Up catching my eye. I think I waited for the next year to do The Patch Master and officially joined. I just HAD to have those patterns! I was a hole puncher to transfer the pattern to the 'kin back then. I don't even know if I could follow all those little holes now. I am forever grateful for who ever first started using Saral paper and passing the information along! I like the Stick n Carve for less detailed patterns and thought about trying gluing the pattern directly to the pumpkin this year. The ZP! carving tool was the best purchase I've ever made in regards to pumpkin carving.
I'm pretty sure the first one I printed was Reagan from The Exorcist in 2014. I had a spinning pumpkin base from a Pumpkin Masters Carousel kit I did the year before so i carved Reagan on two sides of a pumpkin and had her head spinning around. I'll see if I can scrounge up the video but sadly Reagan didnt make it to Halloween. She turned to mush after only a couple days since both sides of the pumpkin were open.
amandap80 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:37 am
Oh gosh, that was so long ago I don't know if I can recall! I really need to get together my pictures and organize from all those years ago. The earliest I can find is 2006, and it looks like I carved quite a bit - Jack face, Gizmo, Stripe, Jack Skellington and Sally, Alice Cooper (like you do). I think my first print was probably the happy Jack Skellington face.
Sounds like you have pretty solid evidence of your earliest carves. This was probably under another account, if it was back in 2006. Your current ZP membership goes back to 2011 and the first pattern printed was Night Owl.
MIKECOZ8 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:34 am
Taking a shot in the dark -- I'm going to go with Gollum -- I know it was the first one I used for a Foamie (still have it)
Ok, I'm now realizing that some of you have been members for so long, you pre-date my pattern print record keeping. For the first few years of Zombie Pumpkins, we didn't track which patterns were printed, because there was no limit to how many you could print (there weren't that many back in 2004, when you joined, Mike). But appropriately, the first pattern I have on record for you is Michael... Myers.
sloaner wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:09 pm
I think my first few were Michael Myers, Frankenstein and maybe a NBC pattern. I have 3 binders with hard copys of patterns in case the apocalypse happens lol. So I'm sure my history will show more printed than carved. I think I'll hit 80 foamies this year.
My records show that you've printed 289 pattern designs. I guess you haven't actually carved that many? Your first printed was Asylum Joker. Fitting, since the first interest listed on your profile is video games.
matspud wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:26 pm
I can't remember last week so have no chance with my first ZP! pattern :razz: Heck some of mine have Goatee Style on them :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
If you go back as far as Goatee Style, I certainly don't have a record of your first pattern printed. :lol: You've been here since the start. You joined in 2004, which was the first year that I officially started requiring memberships. Fun fact: out of the thousands of members, you are Zombie Pumpkins member number 64!
S.A.M wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:40 pm
Oh I feel like a cheat 'cos I keep quite good photo folders and my first ever Zombie Pumpkins print & carve was Super Mario; 21 ‎October ‎2006, ‏‎21:26:50 local time lol :grin:
You have better records of your pattern usage than I do! I didn't start tracking print outs until 2007, it seems. So I'll take your word for it, Mario isa number one!
Mayor of Haddonfield wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:52 pm
I’m fairly certain my first one was Michael Myers after doing a web search for a pattern of him. This was around October 31, 2011. Hard to believe it was 7 years ago already!
Since you're the Mayor of Haddonfield, I didn't even have to look this up to believe you. But I did anyway, and you're right. You printed my first Michael Myers pattern.
Bravo020 wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:52 am
I can't recall the first design that I printed, but I know that the very first ZP design that I carved was the Toy Story - 3 eyed Alien. It was soo much fun that I then ordered a set of the ZP carving tools soon thereafter and have never looked back since as far as I can tell.
The first one printed was Night Owl, printed on Halloween night, 2010. Good choice!