Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By sleigher75
I know Ryan has already done a fantastic Mike Myers(Halloween) stencil but I think in honour of Rob Zombie's remake of Halloween(due in theatres this August) we should get an updated version of Michael Myers to carve this Halloween.

"Who else can't wait to see this movie."
By Zombie Pumpkins!
You read my mind, Sleigher.

Honestly... a movie about HALLOWEEN that is directed by ZOMBIE? This idea just fits like a glove. Or should I say, fits like an old William Shatner mask.
By Tkaraoke
I have always heard that he was the person they made the mold for the mask from but I never heard the story behind it. I always figured it was a hollywood urban legend myself.
By sleigher75
Yep a William Shatner mask was used for the Michael Myers mask. However it was stretched out first, either to make it less recognizable or to make it fit the actor's head better. Check out the special features on the original Halloween DVD for more info.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Indeed, it's more than urban legend. The original Halloween production was on a budget, so they didn't care to spend much on a custom mask. I believe they grabbed a clown mask and a Captain Kirk mask from a local shop.

The clown mask was decided against (although Michael got to dress as a clown during his childhood scenes), and they went with the Shatner mask. Hair teased out, eye holes cut bigger, and painted white... it gave the face a totally blank and creepy appearance. The viewer could project just about any expression onto that blank face.

For the the new movie, designer (and Rob Zombie collaborator) Wayne Toth came up with a new version of the mask. This one is nicely aged with dirt and cracks. I think it gives the new mask something unique, while still keeping it close enough to the original.
By reignman40
I gotta throw my vote in here. I'm always a fan of anything Rob Zombie. I've carved the Rob Zombie stencils as well as various characters from his other movies. Captain Spaulding is a personal favorite of mine.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Some of you have already seen a sneak preview, but I can tell you that Michael Myers (from the 2007 movie) will be one of the first patterns added to the site soon!