Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By cyberdman
Ooooooooh, Aaaaaaahhhh, Wwwwwwwwowwww! Thanks Ryan, nice addition to the summertime collection.
By cyberdman
Well ... I carved it yesterday afternoon. Happy 4th of July.

By Zombie Pumpkins!
Oooooooh! Looks awesome, cyberdman... great work. The colored lights really work well.
By cyberdman
Thanks ... that is the color morphing pumpkin light I won in the contest. :D Thanks again for the new stencil. That is my first watermelon carving.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
How did you like the process of watermelon carving? Compared to pumpkins, was it easier? Harder? Just... different?
By cyberdman
Ummm .. yes all of that.

Actually it was a little easier and messier, but in a different way. Easier as far as carving pressure and cutting; harder because it was a little more delicate. Easier to clean out and really thin out the rind good, but there was so much liquid watermelon juice - it seemed like it would never stop dripping.

Different all around I guess. I don't think I'l lbe doing too many of them, but it was fun nonetheless.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Sounds about right. Easier to saw through (but more delicate). Easy to scrape down the sides (but really juicy). Well I hope some of you get to have fun with your melons, while we wait for pumpkin season to officially kick off. I think I'll be doing another melon or two for the 4th.
By Dadja
Dadja wrote:Actually I have kinda a request... Something 'eastern' like someone on a flying carpet, or a djini in a lamp, or a cobra in a basket... Anything Aladdin, let's say Smile I you were to find inspiration there, please let it run wild Wink
zombiepumpkins wrote:Cool idea, Dadja. I hadn't considered that theme but I'm sure it can fit into summer somehow. Or actually, something like a genie or a cobra could also be cool on a pumpkin at Halloween. Gotta love the stencils can do double duty. :)
Any chance you will still release something like this, say before the 24th? :roll: Kinda need it the 25th :P
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I'll see what I can do, Dadja. But I wouldn't hold your breath. I'm pretty swamped these days, prepping the 2007 version of the website. :|
By Drayco
zombiepumpkins wrote:So now is the time to put your thinking caps on and let me know - what are your MUST HAVE watermelon carving patterns?
I know you just posted being pretty busy prepping the website for this year but how about a watermelon basket? I recently carved one for a birthday party and filled it with rum soaked fruits and everyone loved it. I would like to carve another one but with a zombie pumpkins style twist like a skull & crossbones handle? :wink:

By carvingjunkie
:lol: If Ryan would do a pattern like Drayco is asking for, I would like to get the pattern too......Great request :!: