Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By Dans banana Loafcake
Tkaraoke wrote:Speaking of Summer...

I came across this little picture on the net that I thought could be the inspiration for a very cool "tropical island" pattern. It could be made more complicated by adding more palm trees, seagulls, or sun rays coming out from the center of the sun.

I quite like that idea, could be quite a cool stencil

Dan
Pumpkin King wrote:Ryan- how about your take on lady liberty? I know other stencil websites have done there take on her, but I would like to see what you could do with it.
There ya go. Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.

Lady Liberty
Last edited by Zombie Pumpkins! on Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Dans banana Loafcake
zombiepumpkins wrote:So many great ideas. Thanks everyone. Lady Liberty... yeah, I think it's a pretty safe bet you'll see her eventually. Although it's been done before, she's one of the few super iconic images of Americana.
Eventually!? :lol: You had that stencil already in the bag you big tease!

Great job... no, Amazing job! 8) Again as with good ol' uncle sam, I doubt I'll be have much use for her on these grey shores.... unless I have an American themed summer BBQ!!! Now thats a plan! :D

Dan
By stormqueen29
You know, I just thought of something. Someone suggested a fireworks stencil. I don't think it would be too hard to do yourself, BUT....

How about doing a fireworks stencil and then lighting it with one of those color changing pumpkin lights?

I think that would really set a stencil like that off, after all that's what fireworks are about, pretty colors and great big bangs.

As for me, MY summertime stencil would be a hibiscus blossom. I just love the tropical hibiscus and I own several perinnial hibiscus myself. Here are some examples:

I'd love to have a stencil of just the blossom close up like these pictures.

gale
By Dans banana Loafcake
stormqueen29 wrote: As for me, MY summertime stencil would be a hibiscus blossom. I just love the tropical hibiscus and I own several perinnial hibiscus myself.

I'd love to have a stencil of just the blossom close up like these pictures.

gale
I'm sure the Freaky Tiki stencil has theses on them, you could just enlarge them on a photocopier ?

Just a thought.

Dan
By cyberdman
Awesome new summer stencil. Thank you once again. :D
By matspud
stormqueen29 wrote: How about doing a fireworks stencil and then lighting it with one of those color changing pumpkin lights?
Okay what about taking that a stage further eg several stencils of different types of fireworks Ie catherine wheeel, roman candle and the one that looks a it like saturn as well as a "normal " one and having them all lit with the colour changerg LEDs . That could look amazing as a group.

Sorry I am getting a bit over stimulated. Must go and sit in a quiet room for a while :D
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Pumpkin King wrote:Now how about Tharoke's idea of the surfer and shark?
I don't have a set plan for which summer designs I'll be releasing, but that's a possibility. A strong contender, I'd say.
stormqueen29 wrote:How about doing a fireworks stencil and then lighting it with one of those color changing pumpkin lights?
Oh, great idea. I wonder how fun it would be to carve an image of a fireworks explosion. Seems like it would be a lot of small dots and skinny lines.
stormqueen29 wrote:MY summertime stencil would be a hibiscus blossom.
As Dan said, there's a couple hibiscus that come with the Freaky Tiki stencil. Would that fit the bill?
By captnemo
I would like to see more tropical fish. Like maybe a clown fish or a butterflyfish Image
moorish idol
or maybe a seahorse

By stormqueen29
How in the world did I miss those hibiscus blossoms in that stencil?

Once enlarged they would be perfect!

Of course, with watermelons averaging $8.00 to $12.00 a piece right now, I don't think I'll be buying one just to carve. Still, that is for sure a must add to my collection.

I really think the idea of carving multiple types of fireworks and grouping them together with the color changing lights would be amazing. Talk about the talk of the fouth of July picnic or pool party!

If anyone does tackle that, be sure and post pictures.

BTW Ryan, you've done an awsome job with the new stencils, I love them! Hubby already plans to carve "Jaws" for Halloween this year.

Gale
By sleigher75
Just a few ideas:

1. Loch Ness Monster

2. Hawaiin Girl doing a dance

3. Dolphins

4. Giant Octopus

6. Lord Triton/Poseidon

7. Volcano Exploding
By Zombie Pumpkins!
zombiepumpkins wrote:I wonder how fun it would be to carve an image of a fireworks explosion. Seems like it would be a lot of small dots and skinny lines.
I take it back! :lol: It's quite doable, actually. I made sure these lines are big enough to easily carve... but at the same time, the holes will be small enough to last a long time (lots of melon/pumpkin for support, so the design won't shrivel up).

Who's gonna give it a try? You'll get the beauty of a fireworks show, without the risk of blowing off any fingers. (you might CUT off fingers with your carving saws, but I'm not responsible for that).

Twilight's Last Gleaming
By Kittie
That is so darn Cool!! I will have to try to get one done for the 4th!