Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
As the weather here turns warmer, I'm coming out of the annual winter hibernation. Time to get things rolling!

I'm starting early this year, with the planning of this autumn's installment of the Zombie Pumpkins! website. Right now I'm in the R&D stage (no not "research and development"... more like "reanimation and disgust").

To get in the spirit of things, so to speak, I've started drawing up some new summer stencils. You'll be seeing several new designs for watermelon carving in the coming months. With tropical, patriotic, romantic, and aquatic themes (okay, and maybe a little spooky too! :twisted:).

So now is the time to put your thinking caps on and let me know - what are your MUST HAVE watermelon carving patterns?
By 2manyferrets
Well, I cant say that I have any 'must have's', but I really wanted to get to do the 'freaky tiki' last year and didnt get time. So I really look forward to doing that one this year. I really like doing the watermelons, and they are alot easier too! :D

I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Erika
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Cool idea, Dadja. I hadn't considered that theme but I'm sure it can fit into summer somehow. Or actually, something like a genie or a cobra could also be cool on a pumpkin at Halloween. Gotta love the stencils can do double duty. :)
By Dans banana Loafcake
You could do a twisted version of a hula dancer like youu did with the head cheerlead stencil. Or a maori, heres a picture:

you could have a lot of fun with those tatoos and even that funky shoulder strap, I might have a go myself now! Lol :D

Dan
By Kittie
Hmmmm, When I think of summer I always think of the lakes. . but that would look funny on a watermelon hehehehe.
By Pumpkin King
Ryan- how about your take on lady liberty? I know other stencil websites have done there take on her, but I would like to see what you could do with it. Another idea may be a simple chinese dragon.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
So many great ideas. Thanks everyone. Lady Liberty... yeah, I think it's a pretty safe bet you'll see her eventually. Although it's been done before, she's one of the few super iconic images of Americana.
By Wedge
What about something along the lines of a surfer on a wave and then a shark fin coming out of the water on a different pattern. They would look good as a combo. Or there is always the classic image of the surfboard with the hands and feet in the water and jaws head swimming up towards it.
By belli
It gets pretty hot where I'm from in the summer. How about some type of Sun God. Here's a photo for some inspiration:

I'm also a sucker for Happy Faces but all of us pumpkin carvers could make our own stencil for this. It would fit great though on those watermlons that are round like a cantelope. I've carved a happy face on a pumpkin before and even though it was the easiest one I carved people loved it.

By Pumpkin King
I second the motion for some sort of shark and surfer stencil would look great. A good one would be the surfer on the melon, with the the image of the shark fin cut in the back projecting a shark fin shadow.
By Tkaraoke
I love the "Sun God" idea! Looks awesome but I would love to see a tribal tattoo-ish version of it.

Also, I also cast a vote for the "Sufer-dude" pattern as well!
By Tkaraoke
Speaking of Summer...

I came across this little picture on the net that I thought could be the inspiration for a very cool "tropical island" pattern. It could be made more complicated by adding more palm trees, seagulls, or sun rays coming out from the center of the sun.