Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By Lala
Personally, I usually just do Monster Harvest for the charity. It's just a bonus we get 10 fun patterns. They are only for that year - I print them to save them. There are lots of hints already in this thread about the first 2 patterns.
By matspud
Lala wrote:Personally, I usually just do Monster Harvest for the charity. It's just a bonus we get 10 fun patterns. They are only for that year - I print them to save them. There are lots of hints already in this thread about the first 2 patterns.
The charity is a big part of it for me too. :D
By pagemaster1993
nosferatu wrote:Number 2, I knew him.
Yes, and not that scene that most people associate this with.
By Raven
lonogod wrote: If previous year's VIP patterns were displayed (even if not for sale), then perhaps that would change my thinking because then I would have an idea of what I'm getting, but for now I just have to stay out of the loop unfortunately. This kind of bums me out.

Thanks,

- Lonogod
You can see what previous patterns have been if you look through the Carving Photos & Stories or through past years galleries on the main site page. Usually in the Carving Photos & Stories someone will say "This is VIP #2" or whatever they carved.

Right now there are still a few up from last year giving you a "last chance" to print them, although I can't say for sure if everyone sees that or just those that signed up for them last year as well. They are slowly disappearing one by one though.

A main reason I pay the extra $10 is to support Ryan and his efforts with the site, patterns, shop, forum, FB page, Twitter page, ect. ect. Secondly, I just can't imagine not having ALL the patterns offered, even if I don't carve them all or even like them. Third, and this should probably be first, but I do it for the charity contribution. Sure, it's a chance you take to give more money not knowing if you will like those extra patterns, but to know that your money went to a good cause is good enough for me to take that chance. That's just my opinion though, and I know not everyone agrees.

We do try and keep it all a secret till the week or so before Halloween, then everyone starts posting their VIP carves. There is always someone who will post a pic of one or two carved before then. I post them on my personal FB page right when I carve them, but keep them off here till just before the big day.

That being said, I think VIP #2 is a must carve for me. I better be thinking about buying more pumpkins....
By monstermash
Nos, your clue for two gave it away for me, so high brow scoff scoff scoff :lol: :wink: What a cracker it is too. I'll be carving for sure.
By ghostface
Raven wrote:
lonogod wrote: If previous year's VIP patterns were displayed (even if not for sale), then perhaps that would change my thinking because then I would have an idea of what I'm getting, but for now I just have to stay out of the loop unfortunately. This kind of bums me out.

Thanks,

- Lonogod
You can see what previous patterns have been if you look through the Carving Photos & Stories or through past years galleries on the main site page. Usually in the Carving Photos & Stories someone will say "This is VIP #2" or whatever they carved.

Right now there are still a few up from last year giving you a "last chance" to print them, although I can't say for sure if everyone sees that or just those that signed up for them last year as well. They are slowly disappearing one by one though.

A main reason I pay the extra $10 is to support Ryan and his efforts with the site, patterns, shop, forum, FB page, Twitter page, ect. ect. Secondly, I just can't imagine not having ALL the patterns offered, even if I don't carve them all or even like them. Third, and this should probably be first, but I do it for the charity contribution. Sure, it's a chance you take to give more money not knowing if you will like those extra patterns, but to know that your money went to a good cause is good enough for me to take that chance. That's just my opinion though, and I know not everyone agrees.

We do try and keep it all a secret till the week or so before Halloween, then everyone starts posting their VIP carves. There is always someone who will post a pic of one or two carved before then. I post them on my personal FB page right when I carve them, but keep them off here till just before the big day.

That being said, I think VIP #2 is a must carve for me. I better be thinking about buying more pumpkins....
Very much agreed. I've been a ZP! and a Monster Harvest member since 2010, and it's always worth it every year. The huge part for me is definitely supporting Ryan in all he does to keep us minions looking forward to each relaunch and plethora of patterns year after year. Charity is another big one for me. It really means something, to me anyway, to know that that extra money I spend goes to a great cause. And of course the ten extra patterns! They may only be ten, but I feel that is the perfect amount, and wouldn't have it any other way! I always end up carving almost all of the ten VIP's eventually. To sum it all up, you may be hesitant about the VIP's lonogod, but I promise it'll be much worth it in the long run, what with getting ten extra patterns, showing Ryan the support, and donating to an always great charity! :D
By Mayor of Haddonfield
Lala wrote:Personally, I usually just do Monster Harvest for the charity. It's just a bonus we get 10 fun patterns. They are only for that year - I print them to save them. There are lots of hints already in this thread about the first 2 patterns.

Ditto.
By lonogod
The charity side of it is great, but I already donate $1500 a year to both the Alzheimer's Foundation of America and Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Those are charities that are near and dear to me and my family. I also extensively researched them before deciding to go with them. After all, not all charities are created equal from a legitimacy and transparency standpoint.

Anyway, we all have our reasons for the things we buy. Perhaps in time I will find a reason to upgrade to the Harvest Monster package...even if it is to show support for Ryan.

Enough of this...back to the Zombie Pumpkins!

- Lonogod
By chuckwagon
I do the Monster Harvest package every year now for a few reasons... Obviously the VIP pattern access is number one, but coupled with that is the sense of "trick-or-treat" with not knowing what your getting until you get it. Or even a Christmas feeling of wondering whats under the wrapping paper. It's just the general surprise. I think it's neat. I'll be the first to admit that I haven't been a huge fan of all the VIP patterns released that I've had access to in the past, and probably have only carved one or two of them. BUT, at least I have the option, and I keep them in my archive, just in case.

Secondly, I like to support the site, and Ryan, because he takes on the ZP! stuff on his own, and I know that has to be a huge stress, and proof this year is pretty easy to see with the delay in site relaunch and personal reasoning behind it. He kind of busts his butt for us year round working on designs, the site, having cool stuff to purchase in the shop, and doesn't get a heck of a lot love for it save for the handful of us who try to say "thank you" via the forum here. Whatever isn't going to charity is a proverbial "tip", albeit small and insignificant, I'm sure, at least it's something

Then, of course, there is the charity donation side of it all. Knowing that a little bit of my Monster Harvest money goes to help someone in need, or even animals in need, is just an all around good feeling. I have a daughter with diabetes, a niece with Cystic Fibrosis, and two cousins with down syndrome, and it makes me feel warm and fuzzy when strangers contribute to the foundations directly connected to support those conditions, so I try to do the same for others regardless of my immediate (or lack of) connection to those charities. Do unto others, and stuff...

In a nutshell, it's safe to say that my Monster Harvest purchase is more than just the pumpkin patterns. I totally understand and respect your feelings of seeming frustration. Hopefully you will come to have a different opinion than your current stance, but I still wish you Happy Halloween, and happy carving.
By Skellington0327
#1 I had a feeling it was going to be something like this and I was not disappointed. I'm going to carve it every year for the rest of forever. It's from my favorite movie of all time so I'm really excited.

#2 is from a favorite as well. I don't think anyone in my neighborhood will know where it's from but I'm excited to carve it.

I started to do the Monster Harvest package because I read about some of the patterns I missed out on, but now I also do it because I want to support Ryan. Carving pumpkins is my favorite thing to do for Halloween and Ryan does such a great job with these patterns.
Last edited by Skellington0327 on Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
By SuperSonic
#2 seems more out in left field than the first. Although I know it all too well. My brother is a fan of that sort of thing.

But I like it and it's well... you know :P
By keifferone
I almost said I did number 2 last night but that would have been gross. LOL But I CARVED number 2 and it looks amazing. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: