Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
Every year there comes a point on the forums where new ( or new-ish) members start posting asking where certain patterns are or have gone , so here is my advice to all.

1. Always print out all the patterns you may want . They might disappear next year! Occasionally older patterns are retired.

2. Always copy your patterns so you have one to look at while you carve and store after (just in case).

3. Always go for for the Monster Harvest if you can possibly afford it. You may not think it is worth forking out for patterns that you may not use but you can bet you need one of those patterns next Halloween - and they've gone. Although a couple of previous years' MH patterns occasionally make it into the general access section, many will not. (2. applies most to MH patterns).

4. DO NOT think it would be a good idea to sell the patterns, or items carved with the patterns, on. This is an infringement of copyright.

5. DO NOT wait until 15 min before you plan to carve on the 30th/31st October, to join and/or print. Every year Ryan is blasted with rude comments from people who just can't get their act together and then flip when the site crashes for whatever reason. PLAN AHEAD!!
Last edited by matspud on Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Totally agree with this. I myself have found I missed a few during the years where I paid for a Monster Harvest.
Great Advice! I went on a printing spree yesterday just to make sure I had what I wanted. Sometimes things retire too, right ?
(like Cinderella?)
I keep a 3 ring binder dedicated to ZP! patterns. I update it as new patterns become available, and never ever ever throw anything older away. Why would you do tha, anyway? LOL... If I decide I wanna carve a certain pattern, I just make a photo copy.
I agree with all of the above! Specially printing all patterns.
SuperSonic wrote:Totally agree with this. I myself have found I missed a few during the years where I paid for a Monster Harvest.
I've regretted not printing a few V.I.P. from years past. :(
chuckwagon wrote:I keep a 3 ring binder dedicated to ZP! patterns. I update it as new patterns become available, and never ever ever throw anything older away. Why would you do tha, anyway? LOL... If I decide I wanna carve a certain pattern, I just make a photo copy.
I do that too and keep an extra binder for patterns already cut out.