Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By starsparrow
I agree with the others about the reasons behind paying for the V.I.P. patterns. Supporting Ryan and this site is enough for the extra few bucks. A charity donation is a plus. Before I got the V.I.P. patterns I always wondered what I missed out on and even if I don't love them all it's still worth it. This site is unique in that there aren't annoying ads all over and it's just pure fun. A great community is based here and that is another plus. I shudder to think about not being able to come here everyday from August to mid November to see what is happening. Yeah, I come here at other times during the year too just to get ideas and catch up on stuff. Best time of the year!
By lonogod
chuckwagon wrote:In a nutshell, it's safe to say that my Monster Harvest purchase is more than just the pumpkin patterns. I totally understand and respect your feelings of seeming frustration. Hopefully you will come to have a different opinion than your current stance, but I still wish you Happy Halloween, and happy carving.
Please understand the frustration is with myself, not the process. I hate the overly practical part of myself sometimes. The process and concept are what they are. It's my personal philosophy that is in conflict with them. I won't go so far as to say my philosophy is flawed...it just doesn't fall in line with this concept. I don't think I need to change my stance, I just have to gather more information and weight the options. I do hope, however, that I can convince myself to pull the trigger on this in the future.

To each his own, as it were. Happy Halloween!

- Lonogod
By Euri
Lonogod- I think whatever decision you go for should be what feels right for you. Ryan has, as you mentioned, MANY fantastic carves even if you decide not to do the Monster Harvest. However, if after looking over the gallery you decide that some of these would be worth the $ then I believe you can upgrade then and print out what you want for the following Halloween. For me, there have been some that I thought was worth the $10 extra alone. I sign up for the Monster Harvest because the patterns are like my Pokemon- I gotta have 'em all! And also to support Ryan and the charity. Happy carving whatever you decide! :D

On another note, So far the patterns I've printed have been slightly strange. The inside pieces that are supposed to be removed completely and are colored in on the pattern aren't printing out colored in, and the small icon on the bottom that shows what the pattern will look like when printed out are missing. Is this a printer problem (like maybe I need to upgrade flash) or is it something else? I'm not the best with the technical computer stuff. Is anyone else experiencing this? :?
By shaft28
#2 is awesome, getting a foam pumpkin to carve it this weekend. Well done!
By ghostface
Euri wrote:On another note, So far the patterns I've printed have been slightly strange. The inside pieces that are supposed to be removed completely and are colored in on the pattern aren't printing out colored in, and the small icon on the bottom that shows what the pattern will look like when printed out are missing. Is this a printer problem (like maybe I need to upgrade flash) or is it something else? I'm not the best with the technical computer stuff. Is anyone else experiencing this? :?
The same thing is happening to me! I thought it was just my printer! :lol:
By Euri
ghostface wrote:
Euri wrote:On another note, So far the patterns I've printed have been slightly strange... :?
The same thing is happening to me! I thought it was just my printer! :lol:

Ah, them I'm glad I asked! I was sure it was my printer and I've been trying to reinstall Flash to see if that fixes it. If it's not my printer and they are supposed to print out that way then I'll wait and do a mass printing later. Thanks for clarifying that for me. :)

And, by the way, I think that this is FINALLY my 500th post. Not too bad for being a ZP user since the very first year. :roll:
By Mayor of Haddonfield
Euri wrote:Lonogod- I think whatever decision you go for should be what feels right for you. Ryan has, as you mentioned, MANY fantastic carves even if you decide not to do the Monster Harvest. However, if after looking over the gallery you decide that some of these would be worth the $ then I believe you can upgrade then and print out what you want for the following Halloween. For me, there have been some that I thought was worth the $10 extra alone. I sign up for the Monster Harvest because the patterns are like my Pokemon- I gotta have 'em all! And also to support Ryan and the charity. Happy carving whatever you decide! :D

On another note, So far the patterns I've printed have been slightly strange. The inside pieces that are supposed to be removed completely and are colored in on the pattern aren't printing out colored in, and the small icon on the bottom that shows what the pattern will look like when printed out are missing. Is this a printer problem (like maybe I need to upgrade flash) or is it something else? I'm not the best with the technical computer stuff. Is anyone else experiencing this? :?
Mine have printed out fine. Good luck figuring out the problem.
By sloaner
I printed out the T-Rex and it also looked normal. Maybe you are running low on ink?
By Ajax
You only live once so do what you enjoy. I enjoy more patterns and choices I usually carve 8 out of 10 VIP and they are my favourite patterns. They are usually a little more obscure or off the beaten track and sometimes just a complimentary pattern to an existing pattern in the main gallery but well worth it. Enjoy it it"s less then the price of most take out meals or two cafe lates. You only have so many halloweens enjoy them no matter the cost. The system has its flaws but I enjoy it.
By ghostface
OH MY GOOD GOD. VIP #3 is outstanding and I'm carving it tonight!!!! Ryan, you outdid yourself on this one, my good man! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
By Ajax
Wow you finally did it Worlds greatest pattern, I don't even recall the character it's been awhile but Its awesome. :thumbsup:
By amandap80
#3 is AMAZING!!!!! I must buy more pumpkins!
By keifferone
Ryan you are killing me! I don't have the money to keep buying Funkins!!! I have to make number 3!!!!!!!
No really You hit it out of the park. Love number 3!!!!!