Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By paddy_babe
Whoops I saw the pattern, screamed and startled the husband :lol: Omg I am so excited! Thank you Ryan for such an awesome pattern :D I cannot wait to carve this :D
By SuperSonic
Geeeheeeee!!! Thats TWICE you've made my day now! TWICE (this one infinitley better than the last). Must. Carve. However I shall do this later in the year, as not to upset the nature of the molding/shriveling schedule.

The Xenomorph looks MARVELOUS!!! SOOO HAPPY!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Last edited by SuperSonic on Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By shaft28
sloaner wrote:Ryan's coolest pattern so far this year :thumbsup:
agreed!!!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Thanks everyone. Glad to welcome this beastie to the patch finally. It's not an easy pattern, but I worked hard to at least simply the shapes to make it manageable. It should hold up pretty well once carved, actually, since it doesn't have any huge areas of cut-out. Mostly lots of thin lines.

The teeth aren't too bad, I believe. I made most of them once piece. Individual teeth would have been much harder. Even if you just cut out the front teeth as a single block without details, it would still get the idea across, as long as you have the longer fangs. I spared you the inner set of teeth on the "tongue" at least. :)=

This is based on the big chap from the first film. I did some research and there are some interesting variations throughout the films. But I figured it was best to start with the original. Can't remember, did he drool in the first movie? Maybe that was artistic license, but anything that ups the ick factor is good in my book.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Oh yea... that drool! Of course. I remember it now. Ok, I feel better about my choice to add it. :thumbsup:

I had a feeling I would be setting myself up when I said "start with...." Other Alien patterns? Maybe someday. But for the moment, let's be glad this thread is marked as "done."

It's a challenging character to design and carve, and I'm not sure how many other ways there are to approach it. Because of the long head, it's tough to fit on a piece of paper / pumpkin. With this design I went for a bit of perspective, where his long dome curls back behind him. I could do that for other Alien sub-species but I wouldn't want them to look too similar.

Maybe a Queen though?

Or maybe we need a Predator to enter this battle field.
By SuperSonic
I'm diggin' that Queen or Ripley. Maybe both? Not this year of course. That would blatantly be asking too much of one subject matter.

Never seen Predator. Should probably hop on that. Going to watch Alien and buy some pumpkins today though. :thumbsup: