Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By Wedge
Question: Unless you are planing on shading how do you plan on making the mouth float? They look great just need to touch them up a little more KK. I carved two more I will try to get the pictures on here soon.

Thanks
Wedge
Last edited by Wedge on Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By bronkula
that is a very good point. you might wanna extend those mouth detail lines all the way out to the edges.
By KILLER KLOWN
woops I wasn't paying attention to that. Just need to extend the inside of the mouths.
By Wedge
My first attemp at my own Tiki
My second Tiki
One of Killer Klown's Tiki
Saved the best for last the ZP Tiki

I will have more soon. I am going to try a few more of Killer Klowns and then one or two more of my own.
Thanks guys
Wedge
By Dragon
Oh wow! I like the tiki patterns... I can see them carved on watermelons at a tiki party.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I actually created my tiki pattern for that very reason. :D Carved a watermelon and brought it to a summer party with a luau theme. Here's a photo of it:

By Dragon
That is so cool! How in the heck do you 'gut' it out? Do you lop off the bottom and use spoons?
By KILLER KLOWN
Nice work!!

If you want better pics, I can send you a nice clean JPEG to print out. LMK
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Dragon wrote:How in the heck do you 'gut' it out? Do you lop off the bottom and use spoons?
Yep, you lop off the bottom (the only way to get the melon to stand up anyway). Then scoop it out. Unlike pumpkins which can be tough and stringy, watermelons are soft and very juicy. Very. Expect to keep dumping out the juices.

Not too hard to dig into, but there's a lot of material to remove. I found that a ice scream scoop works very well. It makes giant melon balls you can later eat.

Also notice I cut a flower shaped hole in the top of my melon as a heat/smoke vent for the candle. :idea:
By Jack
that watermellon carving is awsome never tried one before but I think I will have to this summer.
By Dragon
I don't think I'll ever have the guts ( :D ) to gut out a watermelon. Maybe if I'm willing to sit down and try it out since it seems like it'll take a good amount of time to empty out a completely filled watermelon.
By bronkula
dude, the WHOLE HEAD is floating :D