Tips for candles, LED lights, electric, batteries, bulbs and beyond.
Hey guys,

I know they the color changing LED candles and some people use colored christmas lights.

After having to replace the batteries in my LED candle, after 4 hours of use, I've decided to get away from battery powered lights. I started using the replacement lights that they sell for Department 56 christmas villiage houses. BUt they only come in clear white and frosted white,

Since I have both a Frankenstein and a creature from the black lagoon, I thought it would be nice to add some color, among the other normally lit pumpkins. So I got to thinking about a cheap, non-permanent way to add color. Then it hit me - the translucent folders/report covers that they sell in the school supply aisles of Staples, Office Max, and even some grocery stores. My local grocery store had them for $2 each, so I picked up 2 green folders. All I did was cut off the flap, trim out the snap button, and cut to fit inside the pumpkin.

Here's how it looks on the CFTBL

-Fred
Thanks guys - glad I could contribute something useful to the forums 8).

I was originally considering lighting gels, but those can get pricey, and aren't locally avaialable. But then I remembered the translucent report covers I used to get as a kid, and I remembered seeing them in various colors, last time I was passing through the schooly supply aisle.

The one I picked up were single pocket folders, with a CD pocket on the inside, and a button-snap flap. You can leave the CD pocket attached, because it doesn't change the color density.

-Fred
Gigatron wrote: I was originally considering lighting gels, but those can get pricey, and aren't locally avaialable. But then I remembered the translucent report covers I used to get as a kid, and I remembered seeing them in various colors, last time I was passing through the schooly supply aisle.
they are also rather fragile some times so they get creases that make your design look less than ideal. good find and solution to price and durability! :D