Tips for candles, LED lights, electric, batteries, bulbs and beyond.
By matspud
nosferatu wrote: Also, I am making trick or treat crackers this year. Just like a Xmas cracker with joke etc. and am contemplating making them lit too. When the kids knock on the door, they get to pull the cracker and if it says treat then they get extra sweets.
Love this idea :D :D How do you plan incorporating the lights?
By nosferatu
Not quite sure yet. I have done a cracker template but need to assemble it. Obviously in the middle somewhere and it will probably be on the cracker snap.

I have made a prototype party box which just needs a few adjustments but I'm fairly happy overall. Needs to be more box like etc but the LEDs work brilliantly.

By matspud
That look great NOS. Which size light did you get to get that brightness?
By nosferatu
10mm and using the 2032 battery as suggested. They work brilliantly with a background that doesn't absorb hence the white box insert
By nosferatu
The green LED's I used are still glowing as bright as when I first put them in approx 90 hours ago. They have been a fantastic option for lighting something small. I tried using them in my carving of Regan. I put 5 in but it didn't glow particularly bright. For small scale though, they are perfect.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
The packages of these LED lights arrived in the mail at about 5PM on Halloween. Needless to say, I didn't get to do much experimenting with them. Lit a couple and tossed them into a foam pumpkin to see how they work. Not bad. At the very least, a great option for lighting something small. I look forward to experimenting in the off-season.
Since my LEDs arrived too late to really use last year, I'll be making use of them this Halloween. Here are the packets of LEDs I bought, with a couple of them lit with the batteries attached. They're pretty bright. The types I bought are yellow-flicker, so they mimic a candle.

monstermash wrote:Would I be right in thinking that these are the same lights as the ones you'd find in the flickering candles from cheap shops?
zombombie wrote:Really would like to try LED's this year, but I'm worried they wouldn't be bright enough.
To answer your questions about brightness, I did a little test. I took a photo with all the yellow LED items I have handy. These shots were all taken with the same exposure, so you can get a true comparison of brightness. Looks like the 10mm diffused LED does quiet well. (click to enlarge so you can read the captions)