Tips for candles, LED lights, electric, batteries, bulbs and beyond.
By Black Mage
I have found that with some very open patterns, I can have a hard time keeping the candles in my lanterns lit on a breezy night. What does everyone do to help keep their flames lit?
By Angel
Canning jars work really well.
By Kittie
When the pumpkins have bigger openings, I use the battery operated lights.
By vadersnicket
I put my candle in a small jar to keep it from blowing out :lol:
By CanadianCarver
A cheap method that I use each year is to buy a pack of dixie cups and put a votive candle in them. The candle is slightly below the top of the cup to keep the wind out. The cup is waxed and I have yet to have an issue with one burning.
By badgers
I use a small clear glass votive candle holder. Found them at our dollar store, right next to where I was picking up the votive candles :)
By Dr. Frybrain
Put your candles in drinking glasses.

By purple1worm
I also put them in small votive holders! But sometimes they still go out!
By monstermash
Glass jars. Definately.
By Nikki
I always go with a small little tealight candle holder... something deep enough to where the wind makes it flicker but doesn't have the ... vulnerability to put it out.. I would check out your local Dollar Stores if you have any near you.. they have cheap little glasses that I use and work wonderfully :D
By GUS
Ryan really needs to sort a quick flicker ing howler light, i'm blown away, it's a beautiful golden colour, tremendous, about to purchase more!
By purple1worm
GUS wrote:Ryan really needs to sort a quick flicker ing howler light, i'm blown away, it's a beautiful golden colour, tremendous, about to purchase more!
I was thinking of trying those! Looks like a flickering candle but won't go out!!
By S.A.M
GUS wrote:Ryan really needs to sort a quick flicker ing howler light, i'm blown away, it's a beautiful golden colour, tremendous, about to purchase more!
Is this a new product? Different to the original howler flicker light?