Tips for candles, LED lights, electric, batteries, bulbs and beyond.
By spartanhockey07
Hello all,
What would be the best way to light a pumpkin with two different colors? I was thinking getting a rainbow pumpkin light on one side with blue or whatever color I will use, then use a cardboard partition and get another rainbow light? I want one side with color and the other white. I was also thinking christmas lights but not so sure about the chord. So what do you guys think?
By nosferatu
You can change the rainbow light setting.
They have 3 lights green, red and blue. You can adjust to what you want green and red, green and blue etc or just go with all three and random. Or if you change your mind, just the one colour.

I bought 5 this year and they were worth every penny.
:D
By spartanhockey07
So should I get two? I want to have two colors going at the same time. if I just want a white light on one side, it seems like a waste to get two rainbow lights. So what would be the best thing for the white side? Then has anyone tried a cardboard partition or anything like that to block the colors?

Thanks
By nosferatu
Never tried a cardboard partition but it should work in principal.
By GUS
AS LONG AS IT CURVES to the pumpkin wall & is white YOU SHOULD BE FINE! ...howler lights positively excel!
By Raven
One of the craft stores here sells transparent colored cellophane. You could secure one color to the inside of one side of the pattern, a different color to the other side of the pattern. I wouldn't use a candle for lighting, but a regular white light would light up the colors well.
By spartanhockey07
RavensDestiny wrote:One of the craft stores here sells transparent colored cellophane. You could secure one color to the inside of one side of the pattern, a different color to the other side of the pattern. I wouldn't use a candle for lighting, but a regular white light would light up the colors well.
Ya that is a good idea. I wouldn't need two light sources that way. Thanks. I had an original thought like that. I remember holiday plastic wrap that was tinted different colors like red or green for christmas. Thanks for the good idea
By GUS
Just remember different colours & absorbtion / pass through of light when only lighting one side, which is why its generally a good idea to have a second light source at hand