Tips for candles, LED lights, electric, batteries, bulbs and beyond.
By SuperSonic
For simple patterns I agree, however I think that for detailed ones, the detail would get lost in the brightness. Nothing is proven until Ryan tests it :wink:
By Raven
I can't bring myself to use anything other than a candle. I've had sever other light sources, but I always go back to the old school candles. I know people who do huge displays probably don't want to run around lighting candles all night long, but for someone like me who does only a few carves I'm sticking to them.
By SuperSonic
RavensDestiny wrote:I can't bring myself to use anything other than a candle. I've had sever other light sources, but I always go back to the old school candles. I know people who do huge displays probably don't want to run around lighting candles all night long, but for someone like me who does only a few carves I'm sticking to them.
I am but a hybrid beast. For certain patterns on real kins, I will use one or the other. For foamies it's obvious to use the battery operated lights. However, back in 2009 I think it was, I used a red light on my "Thriller" pumpkin. So I'm all for less candles, but I do agree that candles are superior for traditionalists like myself.

However Saral Paper was a godsend.
Interesting idea... so this thing punches a hole in the bottom for the bulb to go through, and then the pumpkin sits on a plate? Neat idea. It answers the question of whether or not to cut open the bottom or top. In certain uses, this could be useful.

Generally, for real pumpkins, I'm a candle fan. :thumbsup: