Reviews of specific carving products by those who've used them.
By GUS
So simple, waited for the wife to scrape the rotting pump clean this morning then whacked out a start to finish gutte pumpkin in about 2 mins! ..she was not happy! ..like you could have shared that! :lol: :lol:
Last edited by GUS on Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Ajax
Amazing tool i was going through pumpkins like a mad man on speed. I think i did 6 pumpkins for myself in an hour and a half, and everyone else was scared to use the tool so I did almost 19 pumpkins throughout the day. Does get messy if you are working inside but it's alot of fun. I hope mom forgives me for her walls :). What I find is you have to take the drill bit out and clean it periodically. I sat down to do a pumpkin later in the day without using it first and after about 5 seconds I was like hell with this. I will be buying a second one next year for sure.

The only reason it took me an hour and a half for the first 6 is there is a small learning curve to using this tool. Don't get discourged if it doesn't work for you at first.
By shutterbug
...Wait until you get a chance with the 2nd version of it...nite & day difference...
By SuperSonic
I'm thinking of getting one of these, Is it worth it?
By Ajax
Yes it's awesome. It's alot of fun. Takes a pumpkin or two to get use to it but it makes thinning the wall of a pumpkin so much easier.
By GutterGuy
I appreciate all of the Pumpkin Gutter questions and advice on this Forum. I want to make sure I'm doing all I can to educate and spread the word. I've put up a new YouTube channel for the Pumpkin Gutter, you can find it at http://www.youtube.com/user/PumpkinGutter?feature=mhum . Subscribe to see some fun and informative Pumpkin Gutter videos over the coming weeks that will help you get the most out of your Pumpkin Gutter. Currently, you can see a couple of huge pumpkins being gutted and a vintage Gutter video. Pumpkin Gutter also has a Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/pumpkingutter and our website for Pumpkin Gutter is at http://www.getcarvingquicker.com . It's a decent site, but nothing like zombiepumpkins.com, this site is awesome!

Enjoy the season and Happy Gutting!
By hkzombie
Considering I am going to make 10 this year rather than the measely 1 like I always do, the gutter will be a must-have this year. From all the positive feedback for this product, I know this will buy me more precious time to carving the kins rather than spend all that time cleaning them up. I do enjoy getting my hands dirty, but I can't imagine all the elbow grease I would have to sum up for ten! :shock:

-I refuse to have raw tender hands this year!
By CombichristGirl
i used my gutter today for the first time and it is truely amazing!!!!
so much fun easier to use than you think, fast fast and great for thinning!!!! i seriously cant recommend this enough! :) :) :)
By GUS
going back to the scrape method is simply pointless! ,,all those wasted hours before pumpkin gutter!
Simple, Ingenious,..simply ingenious.
By Euri
Yep, I concur. After this cool new stuff has come out never again will I scrap a kin entirely by hand or poke a pattern. Nope. Not ever.

Pumpkin Gutter. Saral Transfer Paper. Don't got it? Go get it! :D
By GUS
Ryan how about a gutting video link? (in order to show this off some more) it's one of those items you don't know how great it is till you've bought it)!
By jen d.
GUS wrote:Ryan how about a gutting video link? (in order to show this off some more) it's one of those items you don't know how great it is till you've bought it)!
Not unlike this one? :) Also, check out that giant pumpkin video he has... it's huge!

So after a couple years of slacking on buying this thing... I've come to the conclusion that it is gutterly amazing and really is a must-have. Can't wait til the shop is open!
By GUS
I meant a "Ryan Wickstrand production" (as it says on the site each year), a basic 101 linked to the shop so it's a more lively product.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Ryan how about a gutting video link? (in order to show this off some more) it's one of those items you don't know how great it is till you've bought it)!

jen d: Not unlike this one?

GUS: I meant a "Ryan Wickstrand production" (as it says on the site each year), a basic 101 linked to the shop so it's a more lively product.
Great idea, seeing the product in use really does help explain how great it works. I don't know if I'll have the opportunity any time soon to whip up a better video than the one Jen linked (by Evan the Pumpkin Gutter's inventor). So in the meantime, linking to his is probably a great way to go.