Reviews of specific carving products by those who've used them.
By wookie66
Received mine in the mail today and it is B E A U T I F U L !!!! It feels just like the wood one and it is not slippery at all. Great product and i highly recommend it. Can't wait to start carving with it.
By GUS
I'm holding out for the ZP pro pumpkin carving knife cleaning set!

possibly laser engraved right after I've bought the last one not to be!

..not that I ever mention it!

:o
By Euri
Well that settles it for me then. Sometime I'll be getting one of each. One for the big saw/blade and one for the small. Not to mention that will help to keep me from confusing which is which. It's perfect! :D
By pagemaster1993
I will probably stay with the walnut one, mainly because they are cheaper than the new plastic ones.
By GUS
Probably tougher in the long run in terms of polymer molecules & u.v. resistance compared to good old wood, ..though Yes I ruddy love the new plastic one (reminds me of a bowling ball).
Also makes we wonder how much hefting (locking & unlocking blades) they'll take, that said as they're from warren cutlery i'm sure they're well proven already)

Ryan, How about a nice POLISHED walnut version, that I could really go for, showing the beauty of the wood! :D
By vibhandaka
I'm ordering mine tonight! I have 2 beautiful pumpkins left and I can't wait to carve them!
By Euri
I noticed a couple of days ago these were sold out. :? I was hoping to get one after Halloween before the new stuff hits the shop next year but that won't work now. I'm just hoping these orange acrylic ones will be back next year. Any thoughts on if they did well enough for that, Ryan? I've got my fingers double crossed.
By Cheef
Will definitley have to put a order in for these this year to add to my carving knife collection.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the orange-swirl acrylic carving tools will be back for the 2012 season. They didn't sell all that well. But beyond that, the process of manufacturing the tools, and then engraving them, proved to be pretty challenging. It was a bit of an experiment, I'm not even sure of the companies I use to produce the parts are interested in trying it again. I wouldn't be surprised if I attempt other variations in the future. But for now, we may just stick with the tried and true classic, the proven wood handle tools.
By Ajax
Any chance you have one left for a long term member? I was eyeing those last year but then they sold out :( . I would love to see new variations maybe black wood with orange print or something like that.
By pagemaster1993
The black wood with orange print sounds very nice, but you would have to coat it so the paint would not fade over time.
By Cheef
dang, I would have ordered one this year. Already got the wooden handle ones though its time to order some new knife blades for it.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
One of the clear indications that this material was harder to manufacture... after production and engraving, many of the acrylic handles ended up scratched or with small chips taken out of them. I wouldn't feel right selling these sub-par items.

I still have quite a few of those laying around. If you carvers didn't mind having a tool that looked a bit beat up, maybe I should consider selling them at a huge discount, or maybe just give them away for free, as prizes for mini contests or something.

While the handles may not exactly look pretty, they're still totally functional for carving. They would probably be more useful in the hands of pumpkin carvers that just want another handle in their toolbox (so they don't have to switch blades), as opposed to sitting dormant in a box in my office.
By staticfurball
Ohh that is on my list of must haves for this year!
By MooBoo
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:I still have quite a few of those laying around. If you carvers didn't mind having a tool that looked a bit beat up, maybe I should consider selling them at a huge discount, or maybe just give them away for free, as prizes for mini contests or something.
I wouldn't mind a slightly beat up one, wether u sell them or give them away i would like to get my hands on one. Lol. Its always good to have a spare :D