Reviews of specific carving products by those who've used them.
By suzika
I bought a bunch of them last year on clearance, hoping they would be awesome noncandle light for the pumpkins. Unfortunately, I hated them. They were not very bright, while strobing you couldn't tell what the pumpkins were and they went through batteries very quickly.

My hunt for cheap non candle lights continues.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Were the lights little bulbs, or LEDs? I learned a while back to stick with LEDs. Good ones can be quite bright, while using a lot less energy (fewer battery replacements)!
By Ajax
I bought some led lights at wal-mart that were similar to the howlers. I bought strobe and candle. The howlers are better but these will do if Ryan is sold out or you need them asap.
By pagemaster1993
Ajax wrote:I bought some led lights at wal-mart that were similar to the howlers. I bought strobe and candle. The howlers are better but these will do if Ryan is sold out or you need them asap.
Unfortunatley for me, my hometown Wal-Mart sucks and is already sold out. Doesn't suprise me they barely had any in the beginning.
By suzika
zombiepumpkins wrote:Were the lights little bulbs, or LEDs? I learned a while back to stick with LEDs. Good ones can be quite bright, while using a lot less energy (fewer battery replacements)!
Mini lightbulbs. My husband is going to see if he can turn them into non strobing lights. Plus, I am saving up for Howler's from the Shocking Shop for next year.
By wookie66
I actually found some great pumpkin strobe lights at 5 and Below.I bought one there because i needed one at the last minute this year and they are 10 times better than the pumpkin masters one they were selling at the halloween stores. It was super bright and has great strobing action. It was only 2 bucks. Im going to buy the howler one this year and compare it.
By CorpseBride
If you like the natural look like I do use battery operated (or flameless) candles. The ones I have were super cheap from wal-mart and look identical to the ones in the picture below. They even flicker like real candles and are really easy on batteries. I especially love the dripping wax look they have.