Reviews of specific carving products by those who've used them.
By purple1worm
There's pumpkin suspending Kits?!?!
By GUS
purple1worm wrote:There's pumpkin suspending Kits?!?!
run, run to the shocking shop as fast as you can & don't stop for anything...

(Family guy's take on wonka's golden ticket has me in stitches every time).
By purple1worm
OMG!! That is so cool!! I'll have to get me one or two!!!
By matspud
OK finally tried it out. Carved the latest Cheshire Cat on quite a small pumpkin ( needed to reduce the pattern to 80% ) . Strung it in the small tree in the garden and it looks GREAT !! Admittedly it is a calm crisp evening here so it is not swinging around wildly but see a lot of possibilities for this.

Might have to do Twilight Flight and string it up too :D
By matspud
Finally photos. Ryan please crop them as necessary as I wasn't sure what I was doing. Pity my tree is sooooooooooo small as this would look great hanging in the middle of nowhere from an overhanging branch.

Image :(
By GUS
As the game of "Life" used to say on the 70's box, "I heartily endorse this game" ((PRODUCT))

My recommendation for this product is buy a dozen, worry about hanging them later.

To me these were a must have last year, I'm eying up for 10 more this year, they are like hanging a new picture... all eyes are on them, so handy for diplays with limited room.
Don't worry about what weight they'll handle whatever you throw their way, ..they are magnificently over engineered.

Ryan, you do need to update the shop photo's though they're not helping!
How about running a batch discount scheme?

..Oh yes, when I order some more could you just get rid of all that unnecessary packaging & send em in a thin cardboard sandwich in a jiffy bag or similar?
By Zombie Pumpkins!
matspud, I don't know if I missed these Cheshire Cat photos last October.... maybe I was in a frenzy of work or a haze of over-tiredness. But upon seeing them (again?) I think they're great. I haven't seen too many photos of this item in use, so I'm always glad to feast my eyes on more examples. We'll have to see what we can do with these images. Maybe pass them on to the inventor of the product, I know he likes to see.

GUS, I'm assuming you're saying that a primary product shot that shows the hanging kit in action would lead to better sales than a photo of the packaging? That makes sense. I like the professional packaging they come in now, which has made it pretty simple for me to ship (they are pretty secure when attached to a hard backing card). But for bulk orders, a "bag o' parts" might be a suitable way to go. I'll talk to the powers that be.
By GUS
Ryan, yes, regarding the photo, it really needs to be a decent carve, as whilst their product is excellent the photo is pretty dire..

lets have a "wow" free floating pumpkin appearance, wow, how about that carve.. (statement from prospective buyers) & how about a ZP stencil on their site??? ..cmon! opportunities.

Whenever we are sending anything out we try & goby the 25mm rule that our post system amkes cost effective I wonder if you have anything similar, so for items like this i'd strip packaging stick it en masse to a cardboard sandwich as thin as possible, then zip lock bag it and / or jiffy bag to the sender. most of this is cable, with a zip tie & 2 retainer screws (of which the screws could happily seat in the card I guess).
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I hear what you're saying GUS. Although the schooled graphic designer in me does enjoy some slick packaging. There's something to be said for the professionalism of presentation, I believe. I'd have a harder time saying to customers, "Thanks for your cash... now here's a sandwich bag of loose screws." :lol:
By GUS
ok, just for me then! :D

guess it's not so bad for internal, but for us forigners every gram or dimension can count!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Indeed, point taken, in terms of international shipments. Especially in any bulk amounts, I agree... you wouldn't need all the extra packaging on these hanging kits, when all you really need are the cables and fasteners.
By CorpseBride
I have 2 of these and didn't get the chance to use them last year! I have a plan for this year though :twisted:
By GUS
CB ..how about making a largeish tombstone with a cut out hole, large enough to place some angled wood support (or metal rod) behind, close to so te end result is a proper carved pumpkin "almost" floating within the confines of the cut out

Do you know what I mean, it'd have be set up visible from only a few angles but could be pretty interesting I reckon.