Reviews of specific carving products by those who've used them.
So who has used the Enchanted Jack-o-lantern Suspension Kit to hang their pumpkins this year? If you have, I'd love to hear what you think. Post your reviews and any photos/videos of the item in use. Your feedback will be helpful. Thanks.
By matspud
I planned using mine but then had the problem of rotting soggy kins so decided against it then forgot about the ones I did at the last minute.

One question. What s the max weight/ size that can be suspended. I had some pretty heavy kins and think it would be a good idea if there were 2 sizes of discs (even though I am sure this one works with all)
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Despite the seemingly small size of the disk, the inventor assures me that it's been thoroughly tested and will support the weight of your pumpkins.

As for max weight, I'll see if I can get any recommendations on that, but I can tell you that I hung a large pumpkin with this kit on Halloween, and that pumpkin was almost hard to lift, and yet it was hanging strong for the whole night.
By matspud
Thanks Ryan. Some of mine were quite heavy and I was concerned about the weight. I have one left ( Baron mojo or Xmas patterns :P :wink: ) that I may try it with. Its not as big as the others I had ( and was a fifth of the price) .
By bman
I used the suspension kit for the first time this year and it worked great. I used a medium sized pumpkin (approx. 15 inch diameter), I'm sure it would have held a large one without a problem. I left it hanging for at least 3 or 4 days after Halloween, and it didn't fall.
By GUS
How could mods be done to utilise a foamy hanging in the dark?

Ryan?
By matspud
Not sure you would need to make much modification. The way I see it you have a couple of choices

1 replace the disc with a bigger one to cover the hole at the bottom and hold in the light source

2 Allow the disk that comes with the kit to hold the foamie just inside the top and use a cardboard disk ti hold the lightsource and cover the hole at the bottom.

Does any of this make sense or am I way off with what I think you want to do?

Actually this kind of goes back to an earlier post. Could it be supplied with a disk big enough to cover the hole in the bottom of a foamie.
By GUS
This is exactly as I thought Matspud, I'm all for using my foamies, but weight or lack of it would become an issue I guess, esp in our weather, also drilling throught o top, not great, & wind may stretch the hole..

real orange kins I guess
By matspud
The hole through the top need only be wide enough to pass the wire through and if the disk was used just inside the top it shouldn't widen too much if the kin was to blow around a bit. Or you could use something like a large button instead of the disk. That would have smooth rounded edges.

The lack of weight needn't be a problem either. Tape a couple of weights inside around the edge. Weight however might cause the hole at the top to widen a bit more in the wind.
By mesmark
I think I got 2 kits, but didn't use them (they were replacements for t-shirts that sold out.) But, I will try this year as I've ordered more pumpkins this year, 40.

I'm going to have a bit more time this year and plan to do more throughout the month of Oct. Also, the suspension kits allow me to put pumpkins in a more visible place.

So, give me about 5 more months and I'll have a picture for you, Ryan :)
By Zombie Pumpkins!
GUS, I'd say that matspud has the right ideas for suspending a foam pumpkin. If swaying in the wind is your concern, you can add something inside to weight it down. Or just save the foam pumpkins for hanging inside (maybe hanging in front of house windows, facing out).

Mesmark, sounds like you're planning ahead, with lots of carving in your future. If you're planning to be carving all throughout the month of October, I'll release new patterns all throughout the month of October too. :)
By mesmark
zombiepumpkins wrote:If you're planning to be carving all throughout the month of October, I'll release new patterns all throughout the month of October too. :)
Good deal :D I'm looking forward to it!

I actually do have a few patterns that I wasn't able to carve in previous years. So, I should be OK for the first week, but I love them all and with 40 pumpkins ordered, I'm ready for the ZP line-up. (Hopefully, I get 40, but usually I get a few more than I ask for.)
By matspud
zombiepumpkins wrote:If you're planning to be carving all throughout the month of October, I'll release new patterns all throughout the month of October too. :)
Ryan, I plan to be carving all year.......does that mean you will release new patterns all throught the year then . :wink: :lol: :lol:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Haha. Well, matspud, maybe not all year long, but there will be at least a few early releases. :)