Reviews of specific carving products by those who've used them.
New contest info posted here:

http://www.zombiepumpkins.com/contests-gutter.php

The Gutter Guy was listening to your feedback and an upgraded version of the Pumpkin Gutter is on the horizon. A new "twist" on the classic Pumpkin Gutter design, it does a better job of removing the seeds and strings from the bottom of the pumpkin.

Very limited quantities are available, so we're looking for the most avid Pumpkin Gutter users to help test them.

Between now and October 16th, please submit a photo of you using your Pumpkin Gutter and a brief description of why you love it. These submissions may be used on the Pumpkin Gutter website.

Send your photos and testimonials to gutterguy@zombiepumpkins.com.

We will select the top three and send you a prototype Pumpkin Gutter Version 2.0 to test drive before Halloween.

Your feedback will help determine the next generation of Pumpkin Gutter. You love carving pumpkins. We love helping you Get Carving Quicker.

You have a week... if you have a Pumpkin Gutter, take this opportunity to win the new prototype!
Last edited by Zombie Pumpkins! on Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
By GUS
looks like it'll be US /CAn carvers ..we're not exactly getting them come through yet in general areas..
However Gutting Guy / Ryan If you are reading this..

How about a dremel version for getting close in & being able to thin walls more visually? ..is that possible or is it to problematic?
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Not sure about that Gus, I'm not so much the inventor. But your ideas and feedback are always welcome. Evan (Gutter Guy) and other creative inventors are always listening.
By GUS
My thoughts on it are that it may be really useful for those with the foot power rocker tool, ...that Stoney has for his precision dremeling, & mIGHT be useful (design dpendent for de-burring a michaels foamie if used with caution & applicable rpm setting)

Not only that but thinning could theoretically be more mechanically sculpted after the initial works are done??
By Joey
So I actually won one of these, and gave it a spin this weekend.

It's pretty awesome, actually. It definitely does what it promises, and gets the seeds and stuff off the bottom really well. No more awkward angling like I had to do with the old one. And it still works great with the sides and stuff. My only problem was it would get a bit jerky and choppy when I would try and thin the bottom, but nothing destructive. And it may just be a personal problem and I can't hold a drill steady. I'm definitely going to use it for my big ambitious display next weekend!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
It looks quite similar to the original, but the blades have a bit of an angled twist at the bottom so they dig into the bottom of the pumpkin as well as the sides.

A simple enough modification, but it actually makes a difference. I tried it over the weekend and was pleased with the results. You can definitely tell is has more "grab" on the bottom, and it even works to thin and smooth the inside-bottom of your pumpkin. Always useful since you want a smooth surface to place your candle on.

If you pushed down long enough and hard enough, I bet you could probably drill a hole through the bottom of the pumpkin. Obviously you're in no real danger of this happening, it would take quite some effort to go through. I just wanted to make the point that it does scrape away the pumpkin rind in a downward motion.
By shutterbug
If you pushed down long enough and hard enough, I bet you could probably drill a hole through the bottom of the pumpkin. Obviously you're in no real danger of this happening, it would take quite some effort to go through. I just wanted to make the point that it does scrape away the pumpkin rind in a downward motion.
Actually Ryan...it doesn't take much to go thru the bottom...'cause we did it just to see.Overall,we thought the unit works much better!!In my photos it's the one on the blue drill.