Reviews of specific carving products by those who've used them.
This was my 2008 foray into something different for Halloween, thankfully with LCD tv's it's easier to sort than the old CRT's for a larger image.

http://www.lightformproductions.com/mai ... eamtv.html

Basically (& the official set up is on all the dvds & you-tube) ...
you lay your tv on it's backbelow where the "effect" is to project.
..allow for plenty of air circulation (eg an lcd on its back over the arms of a solid chair)

Now this is the trick...suspnd / support a NEW spotless, scratch free pane of plexi plastic AKA styrene window / plastic shed windows, obtainable from 1001 u.s. / Canadian diy stores, or if you are in the uk FOCUS do these sheets up to(ish) 5 ft wide.

The angle of dangle (best set up the night before) will be a 2 person job whilst one person test seats the plexi the other can pop outside & bellow directins as to raise lower etc to maximise effect..

Thats about it, in the dark the image is bounced, the plexi is nigh on undetectable & providing children dont go right up to the window the effect will be marvelled at.
typically around £25 (uk prices) it's a good almost foolproof set up..that can be improved on the description above.

I own 2 of the dvds which have 2 variants of the same kid friendly & spooky ..well actually both are kid friendly ...unless you live amongst woosies!
Alot of people say the entire dvds are childish, but hey ..95% of the kids will be around 5-13 yrs so in other words the age is probably right.

each dvd is around 15 minutes long, with most skits lasting a minute or so, so lot's of variation..
Don't rely on your tv speakers to convey the sound from inside (over a night they'll blow & distort), rig up an outdoor speaker or two to really get the attention drawn to your efforts..
Worth checking out if you have a window spare where children pass by..

If you own a projector though check out HALLOWINDOW (1-3)
By gregh3196
That sounds great gus i might have to try that, although i have to admit the guy in the video explaining it is extremly annoying
By GUS
..maybe, but rambles less than me!

It was very easy to set up (I used bricks & bamboo canes to support the canes at the best angle for the clear plastic sheeting, both of which disappeared come dusk time, the effect was very good, but outside speakers are necessary as the (volume) levels are very inconsistent.
...You can easily project an image onto a nice white pumpkin (Lumina)